66°

B.o.B and Juicy J will perform at SAEC’s upcoming Spring Concert

Juicy J will hit the stage with B.o.B on May 8

Earlier this week, the Students Arts and Events Council (SAEC) announced the lineup for this year’s annual Spring Concert. Headlining the event will be hip-hop artist B.o.B along with Juicy J as the opening performer. SAEC sent out a mass email back in January inviting students to vote for their favorites among a list of artists including John Legend, Childish Gambino, and Rita Ora. The performance is set to take place on May 8.
B.o.B quickly rose to fame back in 2010 with the release of “Nothin’ on You,” followed by his tremendous hit “Airplanes” featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore. The rapper has an arsenal of achievements under his belt, ranging from topping the U.S. Billboard Charts with his album “The Adventures of Bobby Ray” to being named one of the “Hottest MCs in the Game” by MTV.
His third album was just released back in December, and he is currently working on a fourth album in collaboration with rapper T.I. Be on the lookout for some new songs at the Spring Concert.
Juicy J, founder of Three 6 Mafia, is another big name in the hip-hop industry as a rapper, songwriter, and record producer. With three albums and a myriad of singles like “Bandz a Make Her Dance,” Juicy J is probably best known for his recent collaborations with music icons like Katy Perry, The Weeknd, 2 Chainz, and Wiz Khalifa.
With big-name performers like these, tickets to this year’s Spring Concert are sure to sell fast. Students can buy them through the Office of Student Life on the third floor of the Campus Center, and SAEC will be announcing in the upcoming week exactly when tickets go on sale.
Prices will start at only $15 with a valid student ID — a fantastic deal for college students. At this price, students are allowed a maximum of two tickets per student ID. After April 28, prices will rise to $20 with a maximum of four tickets per student ID, so buy quickly!
Sophomore Shannon Herrmann attended the Spring Concert last year, which took place in the Clarke Athletic Center, with Kendrick Lamar as the headlining guest. “The SAEC put together a great concert with Kendrick,” said Herrmann. “I’m excited they’re inviting two high-profile artists this year.”
The Spring Concert is always a highly-anticipated event on campus, and tickets do sell out quickly. For more information on the spring concert and for ticket sale announcements, visit the SAEC website at www.saec.umb.edu.