66°

New Balance celebrates grand opening of The TRACK in Boston

Olivia Reid
A runner breaks through the finish line at the brand new New Balance Facility in Brighton, Mass. on Friday, April 15, 2022. Photo by Olivia Reid / Mass Media Staff

New Balance recently hosted a high-class, exclusive event for the opening of The TRACK, their newest multi-sport facility in Brighton where Team New Balance professionals and other athletes will train and compete all year round. The energetic event was celebrated in none other than Boston, as New Balance was first founded here in 1906. New Balance ambassadors and athletes such as Euphoria’s Storm Reid, Sydney McLaughlin, Gabby Thomas and more came to celebrate the brand’s contemporary opening performance put on by Jack Harlow.

The evening was full of red carpet moments and photo opportunities for the athletes, influencers and celebrities, and other professionals invited to celebrate the grand opening. Prior to the ceremony beginning, New Balance models stood in the center platform as the crowd peered and flashed their cameras. The diverse set of models were dressed in fashionable streetwear and athletic wear. The initial ceremony was kicked off with words by Storm Reid, who joyfully introduced President and CEO of New Balance, Joe Preston. 

The main feature of the event was the reveal of The TRACK, New Balance’s response to Boston’s runners’ need for an adequate space to train. The 200-meter indoor track creates a “sling-shot” effect for runners to practice for marathons, track events, and the Olympics. The TRACK was built to be the fastest in the world. 

On Friday, April 15, the TRACK at New Balance had a new event to celebrate, as their 

elite women’s relay team won the world’s best title in the indoor distance medley relay at the facility, just days after its grand opening. The runners who brought home the title include Team New Balance athletes Elle Purrier St. Pierre, Heather MacLean, and Kendall Ellis, as well as Roisin Willis, current U.S. high-school indoor 800m record holder.

The new athletic center is a new staple for all Boston athletes, including an indoor track, basketball, soccer and volleyball courts, and a Sports Research Lab. 

Grace Smith, Editor-in-Chief
Olivia Reid, Photo Editor