66°

Boston Calling Music Festival Returns to City Hall Plaza

Boston Calling returns with an exciting lineup

The season of music festivals continues in Boston when the semi-annual Boston Calling Music Festival returns to Boston’s City Hall Plaza this weekend. The party begins on Friday, May 22 at 6:30 p.m. Tame Impala takes the stage, followed by Sharon Van Etten and Grammy-award winning artist, Beck, closing out the night.

Past lineups have included mainstream artists Lorde, Sky Ferreira, Solange, and Kendrick Lamar, as well as popular bands The 1975, Fun., Bastille, Death Cab for Cutie, and Bleachers. This spring festival doesn’t disappoint with Marina and the Diamonds returning for the second time, and with Vance Joy, Halsey, and Tenacious D performing on Saturday and Sunday.
Concertgoers will be able to enjoy a variety of food stands serving anything from grilled cheese to burgers. Sam Adams will also be served to patrons 21 and older with a valid I.D. Guests are encouraged to bring sunglasses and bottled water to help survive the long hours in the sun.
Gates open at 6 p.m. on Friday night and at noon on Saturday and Sunday. Check out spring.bostoncalling.com to see what time your favorite artists will take the stage and to purchase tickets, or head down to the event an hour earlier to purchase tickets at the box office.