66°

Major Irish Retailer Debuts U.S. Branch in Boston

Pop and R&B star Tinashe performs at the U.S. Primark debut.

Following the success of the British retail empire Topshop, Irish retail brand, Primark, has opened their first U.S. flagship in Boston, Massachusetts.
Popular Fashion and Lifestyle blog Refinery29 hosted night festivities by welcoming 500 guests as first-dib shoppers. Each shopper was gifted with a tote bag and a gift card. Wine and hors d’oeuvres were served and a DJ accompanied shoppers while they marveled at the aesthetic of the hip, four-floor shop and the amazingly-priced fashion items surrounding every inch of the store. The night capped off with a performance by pop/r&b singer Tinashe, who ended her set with her hit song, “2 on.”
Now, before you start scratching your head in bewilderment, Boston is steadily reinventing its image from a khaki-wearing nerd town, to an up-and-coming fashion-forward hub. It’s a painstakingly slow process, but we’ll get there-eventually. Also, where else in the U.S. would you find an authentic Irish population? I mean, Boston bred one of the greatest Irish mobsters this country has ever seen. ‘Nuff said.
For those who are curious about Primark’s style, I would compare it to H&M but with better quality. You will find clothes for work as well as casual attire. The fourth floor carries children clothes and a Home section where you can find knick knacks for every room of your humble abode. There are lounge areas throughout the store where you can compare your shopping bag with friends or kick back and relax with their free wifi. Primark seems to be the hip, one-stop shopping destination that Boston really needs. All that’s missing is an indoor cafe and I will never leave.