66°

MassNightly, the Nightlife Search Engine for College Students

MassNightly+allows+people+to+search+events+in+the+area+that+they+might+enjoy+such+as+trivia%2C+karaoke%2C+live+music%2C+food+specials%2C+and+drink+specials.+
MassNightly allows people to search events in the area that they might enjoy such as trivia, karaoke, live music, food specials, and drink specials.

“Helping you plan your night. Every night.” This is the slogan of MassNightly, the new and expanding search engine dedicated to helping you plan your big night out. MassNightly allows people, specifically college students, to search events in the area that they might enjoy such as trivia, karaoke, live music, food specials, and drink specials.

The website was founded by UMass Boston student Andrew Melchiorri. It was launched last summer with a bar crawl in Allston that attracted over 100 participants. Melchiorri said he couldn’t believe that a website like his has never existed. “[MassNightly] was born because I love to go out. I think college kids will think it’s cool and I just enjoy doing it.”

Using the website, you can search by venue name, city, zip code, or date. You can even search by type of event you are looking for. For example, after typing in a bar in Boston and choosing the option “menu specials” from the event drop-down menu, an extensive list surfaced. This list included drink specials and prices for not only the present night but also specials for the days and weeks to come as well.

By joining their email list you can become a member of MassNightly and receive discounts and updates from all of your favorite bars. Becoming a member also allows you access to view events that are going on and the number of people planning to attend. You can even create a calendar to help keep track of any future events you plan on attending yourself.

MassNightly currently features over 200 venues and hoping to expand even more. “I want to have every single town in the state on MassNightly,” Melchiorri said. An iPhone app is also in the works and is due to be released this summer. “It will do the same thing the site does; it will just be an app.”

The MassNightly Facebook page has over 2,000 fans and the website has already had over 2,000 views. This summer, the search engine would like to host its second annual summer bar crawl and aims to attract over 200 people this time around. For more details on the upcoming bar crawl or to become a member, visit http://www.massnightly.com/photos.php or http://www.facebook.com/massnightly.