63°

The Bob Ross game

With all of my boredom, I decided to go through my storage and pull out some interesting things. What I ended up finding was a magical thing called the Bob Ross board game. I remember walking through T.J. Maxx, before the world decided to stay inside for a few months, and I stumbled upon it. I knew I had to have it because who can say they own a Bob Ross board game? Well, now I can. The game is not only gorgeous but it is fun and relaxing, and great for everyone in the family. 

The main purpose of the game is to finish the master piece before Bob Ross does. You also want to be as chill as possible and reach the status of the chillest player. The game is for two to four players and takes about thirty minutes. Before I could even start setting up the game, I was distracted by the beautiful art that each card had on it. There is a stack of different paintings that Bob Ross had made throughout his career. Even if you do not want the game to play, it is still nice to be able to look at the pieces and examine them with an artistic eye. 

So, how do you play this magical game that was gifted to this world by Bob Ross? Well, it is not that hard, and it is a lot of fun! First, set up the easel, pick out a painting from the top of the pile, and flip it over to reveal the painting on the other side. This will be the painting that you are going to paint over the course of the game. Put Bob Ross in the first spot on the painting. You will be trying to beat him and finish the painting before him so every time he moves, the closer he is to winning the game.  Every player picks a color and then are given a pallet, the chill cube, and the three feature markers. Each player also gets three cards that have colors and types of paint brushes as well. The painting has three landmarks that need to be made. Once you have collected the colors and the brushes you need, you can go ahead and show everyone and paint the landmark you want. Each landmark will give you a number of points, and once you have finished painting, you can move your chill block with the number of points you were given. Some cards will tell you to move Bob Ross, which means take the Bob Ross head and move it over one on the canvas. Continue the turns until a player or Bob Ross win! 

Now, for my review of the game. It is a really fun game, but I mostly have it for the novelty of being able to say that the game not only exists, but that I own it. If you are looking for a game that is fun but not too long, then this is the game for you. You will not be stuck at the table for hours on end waiting for the game to finally be over. If you want to make the game even better, just play some Bob Ross in the background, and you now have the perfect setting for the perfect game.