66°

Making a schedule

With everything going on it seems like the days are just smoothing together. Half of the time, I will look at the date and I can’t believe it! One thing I have also noticed about being home all day is I tend to lose track of time and end up getting overwhelmed by everything I have to do. So, this week I am going to show you how to make yourself a schedule, and why it is a good idea to stick with it. 

The first thing you need to do is decide what a good time to wake up in the morning is to start your day. For me, personally, I only do this for Monday through Friday, just because weekends are my relaxing time.  Waking up at the same time every day will get your body back into routine like when school was in session. Make sure to set some time aside to get ready in the morning. Now that you have that done, make sure you put in your schedule that you need to be in class and make sure you give yourself time to do your homework.  If you have classes that happened during the day and you need to be on Zoom for them, I found it really helpful to plan my homework around the time my classes were.  Now that you have your schedule put together and you’re able to get all your homework done and finish your classwork, it’s chore time. 

Everyday I try to do at least three chores, just so that way at the end of the week it doesn’t become overwhelming. I found that this not only keeps my space clean, but it also makes me feel a little bit better about staying home all day.  You can also split up the chores with the other people in your household. For example, three more chores a week for my boyfriend because he is a non-essential worker. Last but not least, you need to relax! 

Last but not least, set some time aside for you to relax. I mean, this is a very big event and it’s very scary to go through, so if we’re not relaxing and trying to at least enjoy some of our time, you are going to go insane.  If you’re like me and you have a hard time relaxing, it’s a good idea to also put a list of ideas for things that you could do while you’re relaxing.  For example, when I want to relax, I think of at least three choices to choose from and then pick. (Most of the time I’m playing Animal Crossing!) Just try to keep yourself busy! 
So, what are the benefits of having a schedule during quarantine that I’ve noticed?  For one, I spend a lot less time in my bed being a depressed potato. It helps me get motivated for school work to finish everything on time and to keep my grades up during this hard time.  If you’re like me, you have a hard time relaxing. It helps you to force yourself to ease off and enjoy your time a little bit more.  At the same time people who work better with schedules are probably having a hard time with this; I know I am. So the option of making yourself your own structured day is a very helpful thing and it can keep you motivated for everything.