66°

Best Burgers in Boston

Boston Burger Company Menu.

Boston Burger Company Menu.

Now that spring is here and the weather is getting a little bit warmer, a good excuse to go out into the city is always for food. Burgers a great summer time sandwich, and there are tons of places across Boston to get the best burger out there.
At the very top of my list is Boston Burger Company (BBCo.). Of course, it seems to be the flagship of burger joints in Boston. There are two locations: one in Harvard Square, and one right by Newbury Street. This restaurant is sure to bring you joy just looking at the menu. It contains creatively named and made burgers, such as the “420 burger,” with mozzarella sticks, fried mac and cheese, onion rings, fries, bacon, golden BBQ sauce, and American cheese all stacked on top. They also have the “Pigferno,” with habanero BBQ pulled pork, inferno habanero salsa, beer-battered onion rings, spicy mayo, and American cheese. Not only does BBCo. have incredible burgers, but they also have milkshakes that are photo-ready at anytime. My personal favorite is the “S’more than you can handle,” which is “a frozen hot chocolate frappe with a graham cracker rim, chocolate syrup, topped with a wicked big s’more.” For those who are 21 and older, they also have a variety of draft beers and boozy frappes that are subject to change regularly.
The next stop is Sullivan’s on Castle Island. Although it may not be the most top-notch burger shop, and it’s definitely not a sit-down restaurant, it is worth being on the list. For those of you with Boston, or more specifically Southie, pride, no one can disrespect Sully’s. With the burgers just costing about $4, and a meal of a burger, fries, and raspberry lime rickey for $13, you are sure to get a good deal *and* good food. Sully’s also has a great variety of seafood and ice cream options. The best part about going to Sully’s is definitely the location; right on Castle Island, you’re guaranteed a good view, and a long line if it’s nice out.
Of course, I have to put Tasty Burger and Shake Shack on the list. Tasty Burger, a Boston favorite, has a few locations, one by Fenway and also a walk up window in South Boston. This fast burger place is nice because the packaging is in the perfect to-go wrapping. It makes it easy to bring with you, so you can have a picnic somewhere or eat quickly before going to a Red Sox game. Shake Shack is pretty similar to Tasty Burger, but, in my opinion, a bit better. They make a classic smash burger, topped with your choice of veggies, which goes nicely with a half and half (iced tea lemonade).
The last stop for a great burger is a smaller, less known spot called Hopster’s Brewing Company. Located in the Seaport District, it is a small brewery that has great food as well as great beer. If you are someone that enjoys beer tasting and exploring different taps, this is the place for you. But, even people under 21 can still enjoy the food. They have great burgers, and different sides to go with the burger, like siracha coated fries, to give a kick to your meal.
Once the weather gets nicer, I would definitely suggest checking these places out. They’re a great way to eat out, not spend a ton of money, and still have a great meal!