66°

Fall Tea Review – Part II

Last week, I did an article on three teas from David’s Tea’s “Fall Favorites Tea” sampler and I was generally happy, but still a bit disappointed. I am going to review a few more teas from the same collection, as I really like tea and I have a lot of tea to drink! Not only that, but it is October, and this is the time of the year where tea tastes the best and the most favorable. There are cinnamon, ginger, and mint teas out the wazoo, and I love it.
The first tea I tried this week is called Honey Crisp Apple and let me tell you that it is AMAZING. It is a low-caffeine tea and has zero calories, making it a good after-dinner tea. The box says to take one to two teaspoons of tea leaves and steep it in 180-degree Fahrenheit water for three to four minutes. I did not follow the temperature specifications and boiled myself some water and let my tea steep for about four minutes. It was a light yellow color and smelled like apples, which was not a surprise. I then put it in the fridge and forgot about it for a few days; that was the best mistake I could have made. The base of this tea is green tea, plus some pieces of apple. So, leaving it in the fridge made it taste really crisp. This tea was great when iced because of how light it is. Not only that, it also had a very subtle sweet taste that would have been good with a little bit of honey or sugar. It was honestly the best cup of tea that I have had from this tea tester.
The second tea I tried was, sadly, a flop. It was the Pumpkin Chai and if we’re being honest, I am the biggest white girl when it comes to pumpkin-flavored things. I love pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin cake, pumpkin juice, and anything else that you could think of. But surprisingly enough, I did not like this tea. The tea is a medium-caffeine tea without any calories. It is made with chai, pumpkin, and caramel. I think the caramel threw me off because of the artificial smell and taste it held. That, and I am not fan of real caramel in the first place. So, when they mixed it with pumpkin and chai, it just did not sit well with me at all. When I tried the tea, the only thing I could taste was caramel with hints of chai and pumpkin. It was so overpowering that I was not even able to drink it. I think if they had left out the caramel it would have been an amazing cup of tea. I even tried adding sugar and cream to it, but nothing could make it drinkable for me. If you like caramel, this might be a good tea for you, but it was just nauseating to me.