66°

Intramural Sports Update

In the competitive world of UMB’s intramural sports, these past couple of weeks have been filled with intense match-ups on both the gridiron and the pitch. Men’s flag football kicked off Sept. 24; a rigidly cold night on BC High’s turf football field… the perfect ingredients for some nitty–gritty, down & dirty, and emotionally charged no–touch flag football. The night was kicked off when Tilted Beacons opposed the Scorpions at 6:55 p.m. The Tilted Beacons defense was impeccable with two interceptions from Noah Fitzgerald, and a QB sack by William Gazlay. On the offense, Tanner Boyd, who may be the next TB12 “UMB edition”, threw three perfect spirals to his talented receiver Noah Fitzgerald. The game ended with a 34–0 win for the Tilted Beacons, who are scheduled to play BIG BALLER BRAND on Oct. 15. The second game of the night matched Saltonstall Ghosts and No Fly Zone. An interception by Douglas Hill of the Saltonstall Ghosts was matched by No Fly Zone’s Odson J. Chris’ interception in the first half. Both teams’ offenses came alive in the second half. However, No Fly Zone took the win with a 20–6 final score over the Saltonstall Ghosts. Catch the Saltonstall Ghosts on Oct. 15 playing against the Scorpions, who are hungry for their first win. The night came to a close after the Money Team played BIG BALLER BRAND at 8:05 p.m. BIG BALLER BRAND stole the show with a 26–0 win over the Money Team, with touchdowns by team captain Connor Lynch, Aiden Adams, Thierno Bah, Yohannes Kidane, and Nicholas Skowronek. The Money Team takes place on No Fly Zone on Oct. 15, an epic match-up.