66°

Intramural Sports Update

This week in intramural sports, we added yet another sport to the mix, kicking off our Sunday basketball league in the Clark Gymnasium. Young Thugs Minions, White Mamba Reborn, Scrubs, and Walking Buckets have been dominating on the court and building team chemistry for the big debut next semester when the longer basketball league starts up. On Oct. 14, Young Thugs Minions beat the Scrubs by one point. George Moutsopoulos and Douglas Hill tied for the most points on the winning team with nine apiece to carry them to W town. Not long after all was left on the court for the first game, White Mamba Reborn and Walking Buckets made their season debut. Walking Buckets came ready to play and took the 77–33 win over the White Mamba Reborn. The Walking Buckets saw their leading scorers, Zachary Badohu and Kelly Desane, putting in the work. The following week, Young Thugs Minions overcame White Mamba Reborn by two points. 
Kicking it over to the Marina Bay Sportsplex, the men’s 7v7 indoor soccer league is about halfway through their season. Fatal XI, Couple Skewies, and Wakanda F.C. are tied for second place, all trying to conquer Dynamo Boston, who is sitting comfortably in the first place with a two-game lead. Stop by the Sportsplex on Thursday and Friday nights to watch your favorite teams on the field! 
On BC High’s turf, routes are being run, spirals are being thrown, and touchdowns are being celebrated. This week’s leaderboards show Tilted Beacons and No Fly Zone both tied for first place as they each have two wins. Tied for second is the Saltonstall Ghosts and Big Baller Brand, each with a 1–1 record. Stop by next week and see if there are any upsets on the leaderboards!