66°

LEC Pitcher of the Week – Annie Thomas

Freshman Annie Thomas was dubbed the Little East Conference Pitcher of the Week. 

The new recruit, Annie Thomas, has performed exceptionally well in her short time at the University of Massachusetts Boston. The rookie pitcher has earned herself a clear role as a leader and a starter for the Beacons. The 5-6 right-handed pitcher hails from Lunenburg, Massachusetts and graduated from Leominster High School in the class of 2015.
In her first four starts for the Beacons Softball team, Thomas racked up a record of two wins and two losses. In Thomas’ first 17 innings of work (first three games) she threw 20 strikeouts and earned a run average of roughly .42. In her first game as a UMass athlete, Thomas led the Beacons to an 8-5 victory against U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
Since her arrival, Thomas has appeared in six games, started four, and pitched 33 innings. During that play, Thomas threw for an ERA of .21 and threw 33 strikeouts (k-s). Moving forward, Thomas will be a crucial part of the team’s plans for success. If the Beacons have any shot at winning the Little East Conference, Thomas’ arm strength will have to endure a long season.