53°

The music scene in Boston: upcoming concerts

Christian Sarkine via First Point Touring Co.
Frame captured from the Christian French show in Boston on October 5, 2021. Photo by Christian Sarkine via First Point Touring Co.

Those who feel safe enough to go out are probably ready to do so after spending so much time indoors. While movie theaters were once closed and party plans were indefinitely put on hold, more and more events are starting to open back up. If you’re someone who is looking to join a crowd of others and watch an artist or band perform their music, then you’ll find plenty of options in Boston. Here are some concerts you might want to go to.
If you’re into R&B and want to find something coming up soon, then going to see John Legend might be the right choice for you. He is playing at the Orpheum Theater on Oct. 17. A few days later on Oct. 19, H.E.R. will be playing at the Agganis Arena. Of course, these dates would be cutting it close, to say the least. So, for those of you who want to buy tickets to a show a few months ahead of time, then Leslie Odom Jr.’s upcoming concert at the Colonial Theatre on Dec. 9 might be for you.
For the country crowd, Luke Combs will be playing TD Garden on Dec. 2 and 3. On Nov. 5, the Kitchen Dwellers will be playing the Brighton Music Hall, for those who want to hear music described as “high energy, psychedelic bluegrass”. If you’re looking for something much more immediate, then Jameson Rodgers, as a part of his “Cold Beer Calling My Name” tour, will also be playing the Brighton Music Hall on Oct. 16.
For those more interested in dance/electronic music, Loud Luxury’s upcoming concert may be of interest. At Big Night Live on Oct. 30, the artists will be playing a show for those looking to listen. Furthermore, the Paradise Rock Club will have a show for Dan Deacon on Nov. 18. If you’re an electronic music fan, be sure to look into it. Sylvan Esso, a dynamic electronic pop music duo, will be playing a concert at the House of Blues on both Nov. 13 and 14. People looking to dance should be sure to check them out.
If you’re less of a dancer and more of a head-banger, then you might be looking for a loud rock show. Boston’s got you covered there, too. As part of her “Daddy’s Home World Tour”, St. Vincent will be playing at the Boch Center Wang Theatre on Oct. 14. Twenty-One Pilots will be playing at a few different locations in Boston as well. They will be playing the Paradise Rock Club on Oct. 18 while the following day will be at the House of Blues. They continue playing at the Agganis Arena on Oct. 20, and TD Garden on October 23.
If that’s not enough for you, Rival Sons will be playing at the House of Blues the following day on Oct. 24. If you’re looking for something outside of October, then look into Wolf Alice’s show at the Paradise Rock Club on Nov. 11 or The Flaming Lip’s show at the House of Blues on Nov. 15.
The shows above are just the tip of the iceberg. There’s an enormous variety of musical styles and genres, so if none of the shows or artists are to your liking, it won’t take much digging to find something that is. If you’re vaccinated—as many shows require a health check—and ready to go see some live music, you’ve got plenty of options right here in Boston. Have fun!

Kyle Makkas, Humor Writer