51°

SAEC and The Mass Media to host John Green in speaker series

The Student Arts and Events Council and The Mass Media will be co-sponsoring the second installment in their yearly special speaker series, following 2023’s successful event hosting Jennette McCurdy. The event, which will bring New York Times bestselling author John Green to UMass Boston for a Q&A session, will be held Friday, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom with doors opening at 6:30 p.m.

Green is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of “Looking for Alaska,” “An Abundance of Katherines,” “Paper Towns,” “The Fault in Our Stars” and “Turtles All the Way Down.” He is also the coauthor, with David Levithan, of “Will Grayson, Will Grayson.” He was the 2006 recipient of the Michael L. Printz Award, a 2009 Edgar Award winner, and has twice been a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. Green’s books have been published in more than 55 languages and over 24 million copies are in print.

In addition to his work as an author, Green has an extensive online career. It ranges from the YouTube channel Vlogbrothers—which he co-runs with his brother Hank—to the educational YouTube channel Crash Course—which aims to teach humanities and science courses to viewers around the world—as well as his work in founding the video convention VidCon in 2010.

The special speaker event will allow students to join a moderated Q&A as Green discusses his life and career.

Tickets will be free of charge and go on sale Monday, Feb. 4. Those interested in attending can get their ticket in the Student Activities Office, Campus Center third floor, Room 3400. Seating is first come first serve come the day of the event, so students interested in a close seat should arrive early!

Katrina Sanville, Editor-In-Chief
Skylar Bowman, Managing Editor