66°

St. Patrick’s Day, the Dropkick Way

It’s late winter, and that means it’s prime Dropkick Murphys season. This year, the St. Patrick’s Day staples are not only playing a full slate of shows in MA, but they’re releasing some killer new music to really make this March one to remember.

Let’s talk about the shows first. The guys will be cranking out their greatest hits in six shows over five days spanning from the 14th through the 18th. The shows on the 14th, 15th, and 16th will be at the House Of Blues, and there will be a special St. Patrick’s Day doubleheader at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell on the 17th. The final show will be an intimate evening at the Brighton Music Hall on the 18th. While tickets to the House Of Blues shows are sold out, you can still find seats for both shows in Lowell, and tickets for the Brighton show will only be available at the door the day of the performance.

The Boston Celtic-punk gods will undoubtedly be busting out some of their old staples like “Kiss Me I’m Shitfaced”, “Time To Go”, and “The State Of Massachusetts” to go with some favorites off of their newest release, “Going Out In Style”. Fans will also have a chance to check out a new collection of live music from the guys, because they’re releasing “Live From Fenway Park” as part of a newly available bonus edition of “Going Out In Style”.

The two shows back in September at Fenway were the biggest in Dropkick history, and the recordings capture the scale and importance of the show. Some highlight tracks include “Sunday Hardcore Matinee”, “Boys on the Docks”, and a cover of ACDC’s “TNT”. The release will be one of the best live albums of the year, so it’s definitely well worth the scratch.

St. Patty’s Day will always be Dropkick’s holiday, and 2012 is looking like it’ll be the biggest one yet for the Boston veteran rockers. Try to make it out to a show, or at least grab the live music, because there is only one week a year when it could be said that everyone is Irish.

It’s just been announced that the day will be capped off with a “Live From Fenway” special that will air on Palladia at 9 p.m. You can see the official promo here: