61°

writers block

A book of pornography has been requested by the judge in a case of defamation in the lawsuit filed by artist Rossi d’Providence against The Providence Journal Newspaper (Rhode Island). The book “The Mouth” is written by a female reporter Annette Goldman who is employed by the Providence newspaper. Rossi (a classical painter/writer) claimed he is merely helping her take the book from manuscript form to the desk of publishers he has dealt with in the past. The Journal attorneys (Blish & Cavanagh) are objecting to the union. Goldman insists she is not involved with the artist in the legalities of the lawsuit, only that she is attempting to make ends meet while her company keeps her and many writers on half staff during a labour dispute between the newspaper (owned by Belo Corp. in Dallas, Texas) and newspaper employees. She says, “Reporters are leaving the newspaper in droves, and there is no chance to turn up writing positions in the depressed southern New England area”. This prompted her to write in the lucrative porno business to keep her creative edges honed. The book is an autobiographical journey of a young female through the pleasures of an oral fantasia, in NYC and Hollywood ending with the girl’s death at the hands of uniformed police who catch her in the act in a Paris hotel. Goldman claims 1st Amendment rights and the Privacy Act, and with the painter, refuses to turn the pornographic work over to the attorneys or the judge. Asked if this would jeapodize her position at the newspaper, she said “I don’t see why”. A hearing is scheduled after the New Year ho