66°

A math problem

Daniel rides his scooter five days a week to deliver food and get to school. The scooter helps him cut through traffic faster than a car would, so he is able to make more deliveries and arrive at school sooner.
On Sunday, some jerk tries to steal Daniel’s scooter. The jerk is unsuccessful, but damages the ignition. Unable to purchase the $75 ignition until Thursday, Daniel has to drive his car to work and school, where he’ll pay the $6 for parking. Because of slower deliveries, he also loses $20 per day in tip money and one hour per day in time to do homework.
On Tuesday, Winston is walking home from the T station. Along the way, some very nice men with tattoos on their faces stop Winston and show him their knives. They kindly ask Winston for his wallet and his backpack. Winston hurriedly hands over both items.
The wallet contains $55, a license, a school ID, and a credit card. To replace the license and ID will cost a total of $20. His backpack contains 3 new notebooks, which cost $2 each and contain notes from the first two weeks of class.
The gentlemen then push Winston to the ground, causing him to break his $200 glasses. Spectators call the local authorities, and Winston relates the wonderful experience to the police. The whole ordeal takes an hour.
Questions:
a. Calculate who ends up losing more money. 
b. Being poked with a knife is x and sitting in Boston traffic is y. Determine the values of both x and y, then create an equation to determine who suffers greater psychological trauma.
c. Based on calculations in questions a and b, determine who has the better excuse for the paper’s editor-in-chief when she asks why he is an article short.