66°

Ask Bobby #37: What’s your favorite member of the deer family?

Written by Joe DiPersio and illustrated by Bianca Oppedisano / Mass Media Staff

Q: What’s your favorite member of the deer family?

A: WHAT? You have got to be kidding me! It’s literally my last week doing this s—! The last chance you have of asking me a question, and this is your question? What’s my favorite member of the deer family? It’s a caribou, okay? If you think I have some kind of weird story behind that answer, I don’t. I just like the way it looks. I didn’t even know the members of the deer family before today. I had to look them up! I was gonna answer Bambi, but that reminded me of this girl I dated once during the midst of the space race who… NO! I AM NOT GIVING YOU THE SATISFACTION OF A FUNNY STORY! You ruined the last week! It’s an anticlimactic ending because of you! You could have asked how I feel about having it all be over. About how it feels to lose the spotlight. To shrink away back into obscurity. You could have asked me about my family. You know what? Who am I kidding? I made this question up myself. That’s what I had to do most weeks cause nobody ever really cared about me. So to answer my own question, I feel pretty good about it being over. It’s what the people want. It’s what I want. So long, and thanks for all the questioning of my self-worth. 

Joe DiPersio, Humor Editor