63°

Things to do when the internet is down

There are plenty of fun ways to pass the time other than surfing the web.

For some mystical reason beyond your control, the internet is just not working. You’ve unplugged and re-plugged the rotor, restarted your computer, and said a prayer but still nothing. A lot of youngsters can’t imagine a world without internet and in times when the Wi-Fi ain’t fying, these kiddos are as lost as an adult trying to navigate through their smartphone. All hope is not lost though.
There are probably tons of articles that tell you some of the activities you can do when your internet is down, but I wouldn’t know because my internet is down. I suppose a lot of them would tell you to play board games. That’s right, board games.
Board games are physical objects right in front of you and to play you usually have to interact with someone right in the very same room. Now I know most games you play are just a swipe of the finger to cut that fruit or a finger to pull back that angry bird but with board games, pieces have to be moved by hand. You can push the coffee table outta the way and sprawl out on the floor or hover around the kitchen table to play. Afterwards there is a huge mess, which you should make the biggest loser clean up. Most likely the clean up will get put off until the next day and then the day after that and so on. This is common. Pieces for the game will be lost, so replace them with objects from other board games or anything you see fit.
Recommendations for games to play are Trouble for quick fun, Monopoly for long lasting pleasure, Battleship to see someone get mad and flip over the board, and/or a ouija board for a spooky time.
If board games aren’t your thing, then there is always something called the TV. It’s where most of the shows you watch on the internet were meant to be played on. You can also surf the TV like you surf the internet. Hop from channel to channel taking a little information here and there until you find some bizarre show that you’ll watch once and never again. It’s great fun and it might end up leading you to doing the 3rd thing on the list, which is take a nap.
Go ahead and take a nap! Maybe when you wake up the internet will be back on. Everyone knows naps are good for you. Science has even said so and I would back up that claim with information but, again, my internet is down.
If naps aren’t your thing, take out a book and read. I know, I know, this is another subject a lot of articles similar to this one will tell you to do, but it’s true. Sitting down and reading a book could really transport you to another world and it won’t burn your eyes like a computer screen will. Right now you’re saying, “but I have one of those sweet Kindles that are easy on the eyes.” All I can say is there is nothing like holding a book, hearing that crisp sound when you turn a page and smelling that distinct musty, welcoming book smell.
Well I hope I gave you some good ideas on what to do when your internet is down. I welcome hearing your thoughts on some of the things you might do when the World Wide Web is not accessible to you.