66°

Chaparro wins Student Body Presidency, O’Brien re-elected as Student Trustee

Nolan O’Brien, who was re-elected as Student Trustee

On Friday, April 4, election results of the student elections were revealed. Positions that were available included Student Trustee, Student Body President, and Vice President as well as seats in the Student Senate.
Nolan O’Brien was the victor for the position of Student Trustee and he will continue his work in his second year holding the position. According to O’Brien, “I have proven that I can enact changes in student affordability, and increasing student access to the Board of Trustees and other campus bodies that make decisions.” O’Brien also stated, “I hope that as student trustee I can make students realize their voice is important and that they can and will be heard.”
The role of Student Body President and Vice President will now be held by Ignacio Chaparro and Jennifer Mai. “We are planning for tomorrow by working for today,” said Chaparro and Mai. Both Chaparro and Mai have mentioned that “transportation is one of our most important goals, especially with UMass Boston being a commuter campus. We know that under our leadership we would be able to enable students to move forward on this issue.” Both Chaparro and Mai ascend to their position with experience behind them working with student government.