66°

Police Blotter 3/9/2014-4/5/2014

3/9/2014

12:43 am Public Safety was called to the Campus Center for a party that had returned after being told not to trespass. After a trespass notice had been obtained, the party was transported to JFK station.

1:53 pm Boston Fire Department was called to McCormack Hall to the Lower Level elevators for a fire alarm going off.

3/10/2014

9:07 am Public Safety took a report in the Lot B parking lot for a drug offense

4:07 pm Public Safety responded to the rotary outside the Clark Center for a motor vehicle accident. No one was injured and paper information was exchanged between the drivers. One of the cars was left in the Lot C Parking Lot overnight.

4:48 pm After conducting a motor vehicle stop, officers found drug-related materials in the vehicle. The materials were confiscated. The driver was issued a warning and let go.

8:59 pm A party called to report that their laptop was gone from their backpack in the Campus Center.

3/11/2014 

8:08 am A party in the Campus Center called to report a door bolt in the kitchen that was dented and looked as though someone attempted to break in. Facilities reported that they attempted to get in the previous night because an alarm was going off and they had no keys at the time.

11:37 am A party came to the Public Safety office to report that one of their tires had been slashed in the construction site off University Drive South.

12:39 pm A party called to report that they was being threatened by someone who claimed that the party was in their parking space.

12:45 pm Boston Fire Department was called for an alarm that was going off in the Clark Athletic Center Ice Rink.

6:26 pm A party called to report that her vehicle was hit in the South Parking lot. A second vehicle that was close by suffered no damage.

3/12/2014

11:24 am Public Safety went to the Quinn Building for a woman whose chair had broken. She hit her head

1:33 pm A female party came to the Public Safety office and passed out. Three minutes later the female was alert and conscious. Boston EMS and Boston Fire Department arrived to assist.

3:17 pm A party called saying that a female was creating a disturbance at the fifth floor information desk in the Healey Library. When officers arrived, the female had left.

7:58 pm Public Safety was responded to Bianculli Blvd to assist for car debris that was in the inbound lane. After finding a silver front bumper, three units search the area for the vehicle and found nothing in the parking lots, the Commonwealth Archives, and the JFK Library. The party was eventually found walking around on campus. Two people were arrested and the Massachusetts State Police and Boston Police Department were called. Upon arrival, the parties were turned over to the State Police.

10:15 pm Officers issued a warning to a driver who was operating on a Russian driver’s license.

10:43 pm Officers were called to the Healey Library after Unnico reported seeing two students inside after hours. Both students were escorted out.  

3/14/2014

7:24 am Boston Fire Department and Public Safety was called to the Quinn Building for a fire alarm going off.

3/16/2014

12:32 pm After conducting a motor vehicle stop, officers gave a citation to the driver for unlicensed operation, and two to the owner for allowing improper use of a motor vehicle, and unregistered use of a motor vehicle.

5:56 pm Officers oversaw while parties shared paperwork after a minor motor vehicle accident. No injuries occurred.

3/18/2014

1:16 pm A male party came to the Public Safety office and appeared to be disoriented. Officers were able to talk with the male.

2:19 pm Officers went to the Campus Center for a report of a glass panel being broken on the fourth floor.

2:25 pm Boston Police Department called requesting that the T-Gate be blocked off.

4:38 pm A party came into the Public Safety office to report that her iPad had been stolen from her office sometime that afternoon.

3/19/2014

8:40 pm A party called Public Safety to report two suspicious packages. Upon arrival, officers found two bags in the middle of the catwalk. After finding the owner, officers found they had a dealing with the party the previous day. Officers told the party to leave the campus and a trespass order was issue.

3/20/2014

6:51 am A party came to the Public Safety office to report that someone hit the gate in the Clark Parking Lot and had taken off the gate. The car box was also broken.

5:21 pm Public Safety was called to the McCormack Building for a female was crying and holding her face. Upon arrival, officers found no one who matched the description. Officers talked to people in the area and they had seen nothing.

3/21/2014

4:36 pm Officers pulled over a silver BMW with no license plates. A citation was issued and the car was towed away.  

3/24/2014

8:07 am Public Safety was called to the Bursar’s Office in the Campus Center for a burglar alarm going off. Upon arrival, it was found that the button was accidentally set off by a staff member.

1:25 pm Public Safety was called for a report of a male who may have been involved in a larceny. The description was radioed to all on-duty officers.

5:33 pm A party called to report that 4 people were smoking in a stairwell in Wheatley Hall. Officers arrived and found a strong tobacco odor, but the people had left.

3/25/2014

9:00 am A party called for an unattended cooler outside one of the men’s bathrooms in the Quinn Building. When officers got to the bathroom, the cooler was gone.

8:07 pm An officer who was patrolling Wheatley Hall radioed about the smell of a drug odor coming from a men’s bathroom. The officers looked inside and found nothing.

3/26/2014

6:31 am A party called to report that a fire alarm was going off in Wheatley Hall. A security officer closed the lid on the alarm and the noise stopped.

7:06 am A party called to report that they were stuck in an elevator in the Science Building. The party was freed.

11:20 am A party called to report that she had received an anonymous phone call stating that a UPS package she ordered was in and that the delivery person could meet her in the catwalk. The female party called the mailing room and they said that they did not know of a package for her.

3:09 pm An officer called requesting that another officer take a report that they had received threats

3:47 pm A party came to report that their purse had been stolen from Wheatley Hall.

3/27/2014

9:58 am A party called from the Healey Library to report his cell phone was stolen.

11:52 am 4 officers were dispatched to the Campus Center for a female who hit her head. The female was awake but her head felt numb on one side. Boston EMS was called and did transport.

12:00 pm A party called to report a strong smell coming from a hallway in the Science Center. A security officer checked the hall and nothing was suspicious.

12:45 pm A party called to report a burglary in the Campus Center.

3/28/2014

1:38 am A call came in for a report of a possible intoxicated person yelling at security. The person ran down Mt. Vernon Street. Harbor Point Security and Doubletree Hotel Security were notified. Public Safety talked with both security groups and found no laws had been broken.

9:08 am A call came in for smoke coming from a trash barrel near Wheatley Hall.

9:49 am A call came in for a stuck elevator in the Science Center.

2:45 pm Officers stopped 2 parties after they appeared to be acting suspiciously. Parties were let go.

9:07 pm A professor came to the Public Safety office to file a report a male who came into the classroom disrupted the professor’s class, made threats, and started eating off the floor.

3/31/2014

1:10 pm A party came in to report that their iPhone 5 had been stolen from Healey Library.

2:38 pm A party called reporting that there was a female having a panic attack in McCormack Hall. When the caller was trying to gain information, she went into another panic attack. Female refused emergency attention.

4/1/2014

1:49 am Public Safety went to the Science Center for a call of a sleeping male.  When an officer arrived the male had left.

4/2/2014

9:37 am The Campus Center Information Desk called to report that a female was feeling, dizzy, and was requesting assistance. At time of call, female declined further attention. It was found out that the party had not taken her medication since the night before. Public Safety requested Boston EMS be requested anyway because female couldn’t walk due to her dizziness. Boston EMS transported female to a local hospital.

4/3/2014

10:14 am Officers were called to the Healey Library for 2 parties having a verbal argument. One of the parties had a trespass notice for the campus bookstore.

12:24 pm Public Safety was called to McCormack Hall for a woman was hysterically complaining about having a problem with her leg. An officer took her to Health Services.

1:30 pm Health Services called Public Safety about the same female having shortness of breath and being confused. Boston EMS transported to a local hospital.

2:26 pm A party walked in to report that their laptop had been stolen in McCormack Hall.

4/4/2014

9:30 am A Public Safety officer called from the Bayside Lot to report that a bus’ police call sign was showing. Officers investigated and found that the bus was having mechanical problems.

12:19 pm Several parties came to the Public Safety to report that a male party was on the catwalk in between the Science Center and the Healey Library. Parties stated that the male was swearing and seemed confrontational. Officers went to look for the male.

12:50 pm Public Safety was notified that a female had fallen on the outside staircase near the Campus Center. The female was conscious and was requesting assistance.

4/5/2014

12:40 pm Public Safety was called by the Facilities Department stating that several kids were running around on the upper level of the Quinn Building. Officers found that the parents were present.