66°

Police Blotter 10/26/2014-11/2/2014

10/26/2014

10:52 am Public Safety got called to the Campus Center after an alarm went off in the Bursar’s Office. The staff was in the building and all appeared to be in order. The alarm was reset.

1:53 pm Public Safety received a call from the front desk in Healey Library about a male party who was yelling at a staff member.

10:15 pm Public Safety checked on a male and female party that were sitting in a dark area. Officers found that everything was in order and the students were cleared.

10/27/2014

8:11 am Public Safety received a call about the odor of something burning in the Science Center. All appeared to be in order and nothing was found.

6:48 pm Public Safety received a call about a male party stuck on an elevator in Wheatley Library. The party was freed after Otis Elevator Company came. The elevator was turned off after the party was freed.

10/28/2014

9:22 am Public Safety received a call from JFK Library Security after a contractor destroyed Library property while the access road was being constructed. Public Safety gave the party’s insurance information.

12:38 pm A party came into the Public Safety office to report a suspicious white male who was described as being tall, slender, and wearing a blue or black speedo.

1:15 pm Public Safety received a call about a stuck elevator in the Campus Center. Facilities was notified and the trapped parties were rescued.

2:09 pm A female party was arrested and charged with receiving stolen credit cards and for credit card fraud. The party was transported to the MBTA Transit Police station for lockup, but the jail was full. The party was brought back to the Public Safety office. The mother of the party arrived at Public Safety and bail was set at $540. The party was bailed out.

10/29/2014

7:22 am Public Safety went to the Bursar’s Office in the Campus Center after the alarm went off. Officers checked the area and no one was found in the area.

11:14 am Health Services called Public Safety to request an ambulance for a female party who was having problems walking due to a neurological condition. The female was transported by Boston EMS to a local hospital.

11:42 Public Safety responded to the Science Center after someone called about a female party suffering from a hernia. Boston EMS was called and the party was transported to a local hospital.

12:33 Public Safety was called to the Quinn Administration Building after a party received an email involving some suspicious activity.

2:56 pm Boston EMS was called to the Quinn Administration Building after a female party was thought to possibly have meningitis. Boston EMS arrived on scene and the female was transported to a local hospital.

5:55 pm A male party came to the Public Safety office to report some missing money. After speaking with an officer, the male decided to call his bank and find out why the money was missing from his account.

9:36 pm Public Safety was called to the Clark Center after a male party cut himself with an ice skate blade. Boston EMS arrived. The male was transported to an area hospital.

10/30/2014

2:22 pm Public Safety was called to the Campus Center after there was an unattended floral bag near the area where noodles are ordered.

5:41 pm The Campus Center Information Desk called about a female party who was walking around and asking if anyone had seen her aunt and uncle. The caller stated that the party might have Alzheimer’s. The party was described as a black or hispanic female maybe in her 40’s with dark hair. The party had a red coat and glasses. The party was last seen on the 3rd floor of the Campus Center. The party was found and was attempting to charge her cellphone. Officers reached the party’s nurse who stated that she was okay to ride the train as long as the cellphone was charged. Officers took the party to JFK/UMass Station after the cellphone was charged.

10/31/2014

1:31 am NStar called Public Safety and notified them that a street light on the archives roadway was spraying electricity on the roadway. UMass Public Safety dispatch alerted Utilities and were told that they would send someone out to check the pole. Police assistance was not needed.

11/1/2014

10:41 am Public Safety officers followed up on an incident that occurred on 10/27. The incident involved the Director of the Majors Advising for the College of Liberal Arts finding a discriminatory slur written on her whiteboard.

12:33 pm Boston EMS was called after a female party twisted her ankle while walking into the gym. Party was transported to a local hospital.