63°

NBA storylines for 2014-15

Kobe Bryant returns to a Lakers team looking for rebound from an awful 2013-14

It’s that time of year people! The NBA is back in full effect with plenty to see. Kobe Bryant and Derrick Rose certainly have many eyes on them; some owned by haters and many by fans. Coming into this season, these two have been sidelined for quite some time with injuries. Everyone is waiting to see if they will be capable of lifting their teams to the expectations they have once achieved. Rose is now accompanied by someone who can be described as a big name star, Pau Gasol. The duo should be able to become a new-age form of Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett. Anything is possible in the NBA.
As for Laker Land, the Black Mamba is attempting to come back with the same vengeance and aggression that he’s been playing with since 1996. They will do better than last season if he can stay healthy. The newly acquired Laker, Julius Randle, wants to show the rest of the league that he is the best rookie coming out of his 2014 class. This is certainly something Laker fans hope he can prove.
Speaking of rookies, who recalls that guy that used to play for the Cavaliers? His name was Andrew Wiggins or something. Wiggins came into the league as the number one prospect then ended up becoming a pawn for the Cavaliers to play with. One rookie that will certainly be watched is Jabari Parker. He has the game of an early Dwayne Wade and a hint of  Monta Ellis when it comes to getting from one end of the court to the other.
Also if you haven’t already heard, Lebron James has changed territories. Indeed the man Miami had grown to love returned to Cleveland in hopes of bringing home a championship. James is the most interesting story in the league today — it’s all anyone can talk about and all anyone is truly waiting to see. The Cavaliers went from empty seats to sold out season tickets in three days’ time. Kevin Love also joined the team creating the favorite “Big Three” (Kyrie Irving, James, and Love) coming into this season.
Lastly the Spurs and the Cavs are the people’s favorites in this coming season when speaking about Finals. Though it’s a long road from now it seems like a plausible match-up. Let’s see how the season goes…talk to you all when Durant is back on his feet and the Lakers look like they’ll be 82-0, Peace.