66°

Police Blotter 10/5/2014—10/19/2014

10/5/2014

12:41 am Public Safety assisted Massachusetts State Police after Public Safety saw a motor vehicle going down the wrong way on Morrissey Blvd. in the vicinity of the Shell Gas Station.

3:33 am Boston Police Department called to report the sound of possible gun shots or fireworks in the UMass Boston area. Boston Police had no specific location. Officers searched the campus and the nearby area, and nothing was found.

10/6/2014

11:57 am A female party came to the Public Safety office to report that her wallet was stolen from the McCormack Building.

10/7/2014

10:20 am Public Safety received a call from an anonymous party who stated that there was a male party who was in the library using a computer. He said that he wasn’t a student and that he had been using a computer for a year;he was also using a locker. The caller stated that the male was kicking laptops and sealing items. The caller mentioned that the male was on campus daily from 11am-1pm.

12:49 pm A party came to the Public Safety office to report that there was a suspicious person in the Campus Center Cafe.

5:32 pm A party called to report that a backpack was left unattended in the Healey Library, and that it had been there for a while.

7:02 pm Public Safety was called to Wheatley Hall after a student showed up to class after being suspended. Officers spoke to both parties and the student left the classroom.

10/8/2014

8:03 am Public Safety assisted a party with its disabled motor vehicle on University Drive South. A tow truck was called.

2:09 pm Officers took a report after a hit and run in the Bayside Lot.

3:19 pm A party came to the Public Safety office after the party got an injury after a shuttle bus hit a toll booth gate arm. Public Safety went to speak to Parking and Transportation, and Paul Revere Transportation. After talking to the shuttle bus supervisor it was confirmed that an Academy Bus was involved.

7:22 pm A female party came to the Public Safety office to report that she had left her laptop on the table, and someone had stolen it from the Campus Center Dining Hall.  

10/9/2014

7:33 am Public Safety assisted two motorists after a motor vehicle accident occurred. Papers were exchanged, and one of the drivers was waiting for AAA to come.

10:30 am Public Safety was called to McCormack Hall after a female party fainted in class. The female party has a history of low blood pressure. In the meanwhile she awakened, an ambulance was called and the female was transported to a local hospital.

2:06 pm A female party came to the Public Safety office to report that her laptop had been stolen or lost in the 1st floor of the Campus Center near the plaza entrance.  

3:42 pm A male party called Public Safety to report that he was concerned about a female friend who he and a mutual friend hadn’t heard from in weeks. They had attempted to make contact via phone and email, and they had gone to her residence. The dispatcher advised the male that he should possibly contact Boston Police Department. The mutual friend also called Public Safety to check in about the whereabouts of the female. The mutual friend had gone to the female’s house several times and had not made contact. The female party had not been attending class. Public Safety called Boston Police to conduct a well-being check. Officers made contact with the female, and she stated that she had been having personal problems and had turned off her phone. Officers went to the female’s residence and deemed that the female was safe.

5:51 pm Public Safety received a call from a male student’s grandmother who had not heard from him in three days. The grandmother stated that the male lived in Boston. Public Safety could not find a Boston address for the male. Officers called the father of the male, and the father stated that he had spoken to the male the day before and he keeps in regular contact with his son.             

10/10/2014

5:12 am Public Safety had to call for another officer after a student was non complying with police.

10:02 am The Massachusetts State Police called Public Safety to report that there was a possible motor vehicle accident with possible injuries. Public Safety called the State Police back to say that Boston Fire Department, Boston EMS, and Alliance Security were at the incident and handling it.

11:31 am Officers were called to the Clark Athletic Center after the fire alarm went off on the Lower and Upper Levels. Building was clear.

1:00 pm Public Safety was called to the Campus Center after the caller saw a male party set up a fake dead body near the plaza level entrance of Campus Center. Parties were sent on their way after being told that in the future they should reconsider the methods they use to display the messages.

2:14 pm Public Safety assisted two parties with paperwork after a motor vehicle accident near the B Lot crosswalk.

2:53 pm Officers were called to the Campus Center after the fire alarm went off on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th Floor and the Upper Level. Building was clear.  

5:30 pm A party came to the Public Safety office after his cellphone was stolen.

11:28 pm Public Safety received a call about a male party, on an MBTA #8 bus, who was being unruly. MBTA Transit Police was notified. The Transit Police called back and stated that the male frequently calls them to complain about bus drivers.

10/11/2014

10:02 am Public Safety received a call about a trashcan, on the plaza level outside Wheatley Hall, that had smoke coming out of it. Officers discovered that the cause was a lit piece of paper tossed in by someone. Officers put out the fire.

10/12/2014

12:27 am Boston Police Department called Public Safety to report that one of the Bank of America ATMs on Campus was showing a communication failure alarm. Boston Police were unable to pinpoint which ATM it was. Officers checked the ATM in the Clark Center and there was no obvious tampering.

4:45 am Public Safety discovered a male party asleep in the bushes by Carson Beach. The male party was questioned for possible warrants and there were none. Party was told that he was trespassing.

10/14/2014

2:15 pm Public Safety received a call about a strong odor that smelled like burning rubber in the hallway of the 2nd Floor of Wheatley Hall near the Dean of College of Liberal Arts office. Officers could smell the odor but could not locate the source. Facilities department was warned, and they called back an hour later to report. Public Safety came out to check the area but nothing was found.

3:54 pm Public Safety office was called after someone had moved a vending machine in Wheatley Hall, and it was blocking the hallway. Facilities department was called.

8:56 pm Public Safety searched Mt Vernon St after they spotted two males running down the street towards JFK/UMass Station. One of the males had a gun. Officers canvassed the area and did not see either of the male parties.  

10/15/2014

5:49 am A cleaner came to the Public Safety office to look for an item she had lost.

7:07 am A cleaner came to the Public Safety to say that he thought someone had fallen on the floor after it had been waxed, due to some skid marks.

10:00 am Public Safety received a call regarding a male party who was feeling dizzy and might faint. Party was walked to Health Services Center.

10:29 am Public Safety received a call from the GAB Construction Site stating that there was a medical emergency with unknown information. Boston EMS called stating that there was a male in his 40’s having a stroke. Boston EMS arrived, and the party was transported to a local hospital.

6:12 pm Public Safety assisted two motorists with paperwork exchange after a motor vehicle accident. None of the parties were injured.

10/16/2014

1:06 pm Public Safety received an unwanted item from an enrolled UMass Boston student.

1:23 pm A female party called Public Safety after a male party in his 60’s was feeling light-headed and was unable to walk. Boston EMS was notified. Boston EMS transported the male to an area hospital.

1:29 pm Public Safety assisted Student Affairs after a female party posted a poem about Columbine on her Facebook. Officers attempted meet the student in class, but she was not present. Officers were going to attempt again the next day.

3:02 pm Boston EMS called Public Safety to claiming that a male party in his 20’s had fainted in the Campus Center courtyard and that they were responding. The male had a known medical condition and the fainting occurs on a regular basis. The male refused medical attention.

5:15 pm Officers radioed to dispatch there were subjects protesting against an artwork that was being displayed in the Campus Center. It turned out that there was an event going on, and that the protesters had left. It was decided that an officer would remain to monitor the rest of the event.

10/17/2014

9:24 am A party came to Public Safety to report that they had left a notebook in Health Services. The party stated that the notebook contained a lot of personal information, and it had gone missing from Health Services. 

11:30 am The Campus Center Info Desk called Public Safety to complain about a male party with a dog that was not on a leash inside the Campus Center. The party stated that the male was throwing a ball at students causing the dog to run at them in attempt to get the ball.

2:10 pm Officers stopped on Bianculli Blvd. after a road rage incident occurred between two drivers.

2:30 A female party called to report that a UMass laptop had been stolen from her residence in Dorchester.

5:24 pm A male party came to the Public Safety office to report that his locker in McCormack Hall had been broken and that his laptop had been stolen. The male stated that his locker was locked at the time, and that the event must have occurred in between 1-3 pm.

10/18/2014

2:10 am Public Safety checked the Campus Center after an alarm went off in the Lower Level mechanic room. Facilities department officers arrived and reset the alarm.