66°

Two weeks of sensation are gone. Time to face the truth!

Courtesy of google

Courtesy of google

In the past few weeks two great sensations disguised the current socio-economic reality in America: the great showing of the U.S. men national soccer team at the World cup, and the week of Independence Day.
On July fourth American people across the country celebrated the Independence Day in both style and jubilation. I was in Washington at the heart of this national party and the ambience on the streets was just amazing. For many nonresidents and Americans this kind of celebration at the National Mall was the most amazing thing they have ever seen.
 On that weekend president Barack Obama stated, “There isn’t a nation on Earth that wouldn’t gladly trade places with the United of America.”
Another great sensation was the showing of the U.S national soccer team at the world cup. It created the greatest sport buzz in memory. For the first time there were so many Americans cheering for soccer games. It was like a Yankee-Sox World Series, or a superb bowl game kind of thing.
“U.S. soccer team captured the heart and the imagination of the whole country,” as Mr. Obama, who led the cheering during U.S. vs Belgium game said.
These two sensations were overpowering! For a moment America and the media forgot about the crisis in Iraq; the broken immigration system, which was exposed a week prior July fourth; the Supreme Court rulings on the lobby hobby case, which demonstrated the mighty power of the Court nowadays. Or the triumph of the first amendment if you want.
Now, the weeks of sensation are gone. What is left? The current socio-economic reality of the nation, which has the average citizens of this country in despair and hopelessness.
The long-term unemployment rate situation remains the same- It has been a decade now- If there is anything it keeps increasing slowly and slowly but continually.
Approximately three million people, or 30.4% of the nation’s unemployed, were out of work for 27 weeks or more in June, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And this does not include million who may have quit searching for job after years of unsuccessful attempt.
There is something that needs to be done. Washington needs to stop their gridlock game, and do something for the people.