66°

Student Goverment mourns loss of Senator Lenny Leteure

Senator+Lenny
Senator Lenny

It is unfortunate that I must deliver this depressing news to all of you reading this today; Leonard (Lenny) Leteure, Senator of the Student Government, passed away this summer.
For the over two years, Leteure served as Senator in the Undergraduate Student Government. Lenny dedicated much of his time to serving the University community as an advocate, a leader, and a friend to many. Having known Lenny for some time at UMass Boston, I will never forget the countless memories we shared.
I cherish the advice that he offered me during difficult times, I value the meaningful discussions we had over breakfast, the moments we shared with other friends when we went out to experience new parts of the City, and our encounters as colleagues working in the Student Government.
Lenny was a caring and open-minded individual who was always willing to listen. Lenny was a kindhearted man, one who was always able to put a smile on your face. His humor a constant reminder of the beauty that life has to offer.
Lenny reminded us to always stop, smile and laugh during hard times. Lenny taught us to be kind to others and to be determined and persistent when necessary.
Lenny was one-of-a-kind! He was always positive and his charisma and aura made him one of the best people to be around.  Truly, the memories created with him will never be forgotten.
The University will not be the same without Lenny. We must take the lessons we have learned from him and stay strong, living everyday like it is our last. We must appreciate every moment and cherish every moment with those around us.
Lenny is survived by his daughter, friends, and family members. Let us keep him in our memories and send our most sincere condolences to his family.
If you need to talk to anyone, there are counseling services available on Campus through Dr. Julie Yun and the Counseling Center (617-287-5690). There is also an effort to create a memorial or service this Fall in memory of Lenny Leteure’s legacy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and remembering our dear friend.
Deepest regards,
Ignacio J. Chaparro