63°

Campus offices settle into new locations in Campus Center

The new office locations in the Campus Center might take some time getting used to

Most of the student-support program offices have been relocated to the Campus Center’s second floor, including U-ACCESS, Student Housing, Student Leadership and Community Engagement, Campus Kitchen, Jumpstart, and New Student Programs; while the Undergraduate Student Government’s offices have been moved to the third floor.
Office of U-ACCESS is in room # 2401. U-Access helps students on campus who are facing temporary homelessness, domestic violence including parental abuse, chronic poverty and hunger. U-ACCESS can be reached at [email protected] or at 617-287-3195.
Office of Student Housing is in room #2402. The Office of Student Housing assists current and prospective UMass Boston students in making decisions throughout the housing search process to locate and obtain quality affordable housing in the greater Boston area. The Office of Student Housing can be reached at [email protected] or at 617-287-6011.
Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement is in room 2403. The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement offers a variety of leadership training and development opportunities by engaging students with community organizations and partners. Contact Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement at [email protected], or 617-287-6077.
Offices for Campus Kitchen and Jumpstart are in room 2404. The campus kitchen partners with on-campus dining and local resources to rescue unserved, usable food, reducing waste for donors and food costs for meal recipients. The Campus Kitchen can be reached at [email protected] or at 617-287-7909.
Jumpstart recruits college students to work for one academic year on teams of fellow students to support the language, literacy and social-emotional development of pre-schoolers from low income communities. Jumpstart can be reached at [email protected] or 617-287-7925.
Office of New Student Programs is in room 2405. The Office for New Student Programs seeks to assist all new students in making a successful transition to Boston’s #1 public university. Contact by email, [email protected] or call 617.287.5813
Office of Student Government is moved to the third floor in room 3400. Governing bodies for students organize on the undergraduate and graduate level, as described on UMass Boston’s website. Both groups represent their student constituents to the University community, support programming and activity for their student populations, and provide support for undergraduate clubs and graduate professional organizations. For more information call 617-287-7950.