66°

Police Blotter 3/22/2015 – 4/5/2015

3/23/2015

12:40 a.m. Cleaners called Public Safety to report that one of the elevators in the Campus Center was down. Officers got the elevator working again after using a key.

7:50 a.m. A staff member called Customer Service who notified Public Safety about a chemical smell in the 2nd floor of the Science Center. Officers checked the area and the room smelled like a cleaning solvent. Public Safety called Facilities to let them know. Facilities would send someone over to handle the problem.

10:49 a.m. A male party called in to report that he had lost his backpack on campus the week before and was wanting to know if the bag had been turned into lost and found. Officers had checked the back and found marijuana, an herb grinder, and a bong and had removed it.

11:16 a.m. Officers were called to the Science Center to conduct a wellbeing check after it was reported that a female party appeared to be having acute psychological distress. The female said that she wanted to kill herself and attempted to pull her scarf over her head, but someone had removed it. Officers were going to take the female to Health Services’ Counseling Center, but staff had already called and a counselor came to the location to speak with the female. Officers waited around to take information and the female was evaluated by a counselor.

1:20 p.m. Officers radioed in to report that they had closed the T-gate at University Drive North so that some oil could be cleaned up that had burst. Officers reported that 125 in Lot B had been hit with oil.

8:13 p.m. Officers were stopped by a female party who told officers that she felt that she might be robbed at the JFK/UMass Boston MBTA station. The female described the party as being a Hispanic male wearing a red scarf. The male in question was reported to be holding his waistband as if he might have a weapon. Officers checked the male and found that there was no weapon on him.

3/24/2015
2:24 p.m. Officers were called to the Quinn Administration Building after a party called in and reported that there was an alarm going off at the Bank of America ATM. Officers checked and found no alarm going off.

10:10 p.m. Officers arrested a female party in the Campus Center circle after the female refused to stop. Officers suspected that the female may have been under the influence of alcohol. A Boston Police K-9 unit and a tow truck were both called. The female was taken to the MBTA Transit Police headquarters to be given a breathalyzer test. The female’s car was towed away. Officers checked their cruiser to make sure there was no contraband in the rear seat and found nothing.

3/25/2015

2:29 p.m. Officers searched the Integrated Science Center after a staff member called in to report a 5th floor conference room flat screen TV had been vandalised. Officers found two doors propped open, but could not located a party or the vandalism.

6:38 p.m. Officers checked Wheatley Hall after an alarm went off in the Continuing Education main office. Everything appeared to be in order and officers reset the alarm.

3/26/2015

12:42 p.m. Officers were called to the Healey Library after someone called called to report that there was a female attempting the break the breach in an elevator. Officers spoke to the female and she told them that she was doing a project about about breaches.

3:51 p.m. Officers were called to Lot D Parking Lot after a toll attendant called to report that they had might have seen the female being hit by a car. The attendant could not be sure that she had been hit or not. Officers spoke to the female who had been hit, but she did not want any medical attention. Officers escorted the female and drove her to Healey Library.

3/27/2015

10:21 a.m. Officers responded to the Campus Center Lower Level Garage after it was reported that there was a pipe leaking with what did not look like water and smelled like natural gas. Public Safety did not find any alarms set off and called Boston Fire Department. Officers attempted to get hold of the vehicle’s owner but had to leave a voicemail. Officers cleared the scene after Facilities shut off the water flow.

11:26 a.m. A male party came to the Public Safety office to request a wellbeing check on a female party. Human Resources was called and Public Safety got information relating to the party. Officers called Boston Police Department district E-18 (Hyde Park) twice to ask do conduct the wellbeing check and E-18 officers told them to call 911. Public Safety then phoned 911 and were able to ask other law enforcement to conduct a well being check on the female.

2:36 p.m. Officers went to the Lower Level of Healey Library after a party called to report that there was a bird stuck on the Lower Level and that it could not get out. Officers attempted to capture the bird, but were unsuccessful.

2:42 p.m. A male party came to the Public Safety to report that his laptop had been stolen from his backpack in Wheatley Hall at some point between Tuesday night and Thursday morning.

6:30 p.m. A female party called Public Safety to report there was an older male with grey hair in a ponytail in the Science Center. The female stated that the male came into the classroom where she was and had started yelling at her and called her a “bitch”. The male was reported to then start hitting the lockers outside the classroom. The female said that she did not want to press charges but that she was afraid to leave the classroom for fear of being hurt. The female told officers that the incident occurred about 15-20 minutes before she had called. Officers searched the area but were not able to find the described male party.

3/29/2015

11:15 a.m. A staff member called Public Safety to report that there were four males, a U-Haul moving truck, and a Malden taxi at the Campus Center loading dock loading equipment into the moving truck. Officers arrived at the loading dock and officers confirmed that there were three trucks and one other vehicle and there was an event taking place in the Campus Center Ballroom. One of the trucks was moving materials from the Venture Development Center and the other trucks were from Port Lighting Systems and were bringing in equipment for the event.

6:15 p.m. Massachusetts State Police called over the radio to request assistance with a home invasion with one stab victim at 50 Island View in the Harbor Point Apartments. The suspect was described as being a black male in his 20’s who was wearing all black. Public Safety cleared the scene once Massachusetts State Police and Boston Police Department officers arrived.

3/30/2015

12:34 a.m. Officers went to Harbor Point Blvd to investigate the earlier stabbing at Harbor Point which involved UMass Boston students.

6:30 a.m. Public Safety called Boston Police Department and D&D Towing after they found a disabled motor vehicle and a party who was suspected to be operating under the influence on Mt Vernon St at the T-Gate.

3/31/3015

12:50 p.m. Officers came to the Lot B Parking Lot after they were called about a motor vehicle accident. Officers assisted with the parties exchanging papers. No medical attention was needed.

2:39 p.m. Officers were called to the Quinn Administration Building after a party called reporting that there was a female party who was looking to start a fight with someone. While on the phone with the caller Public Safety dispatchers could hear the female party yelling in the background. Upon arrival, officers found that the party had fled the scene and were told that the female was described as being a thin-built Asian with long black hair and was wearing all black clothing.

4:19 p.m. Officers spoke with members of Walsh Brothers Construction after they saw a male party loading wood from the construction site behind the Integrated Science Center. The construction supervisor told officers that the male worked for the company. Officers cleared the area.

6:33 p.m. A female party called the Public Safety to report that she had left her phone with credit card and ID inside in the lounge in the College of Public Community Service in Wheatley Hall.

4/1/2015

9:51 a.m. Officers stopped a car that was parked in the 150 Mt. Vernon St parking lot. Officers were notified by dispatch that they had the owner’s car keys and license plate and that the parties would have to come back later with proper documentation.

10:44 a.m. Officers checked a vehicle in the Bayside Lot that was reported to have a dog left in it. Officers checked the car and found that all the windows were cracked open and that all appeared to be in order.

4:06 p.m. An officer radioed in to report that she believed she had seen a male party who was suspected to involved with several larcenies on campus. The male was described as being black with a mohawk who was wearing an orange sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. The male had been spotted on the catwalk walking towards McCormack Hall but had lost him. Officers headed to both McCormack Hall and the Campus Center. The male was gone on arrival.

4:39 p.m. A female party came to the Public Safety to report that she felt uncomfortable with the way her supervisor had treated her.

4/2/2015

1:05 a.m. Officers checked the Continuing Education main office after an alarm went off. A cleaner was found to be in the area. Officers cleared the area after nothing else was found.

6:36 a.m. A female called Public Safety to report that her purse had been stolen from the Quinn Administration Building on March 30.

3:45 p.m. A female party came to the Public Safety office to report that a male party had come to her office in Undergraduate Admissions in the Campus Center and had started yelling at her. The female stated that she felt uncomfortable.

4/3/2015

8:38 a.m. Officers called for a tow truck after they found a car whose driver was operating on a suspended license.

9:45 a.m. A female came to the Public Safety office to report that she believed her wallet was stolen in the Campus Center the day before.

12:05 p.m. Officers responded to the Game Room in the Campus Center after a male party threatened to hit a female party. Officers called Boston Police Department district B-2 (Roxbury/Mission Hill) and confirmed that the male had a warrant out for his arrest after failing to show up to court. Officers arrested the party and transported him for booking and lockup.

2:24 p.m. A party came to the Public Safety office to report that two desktop computers had been stolen from the Adaptive Computer Lab in Healey Library sometime in the two previous weeks.

9:26 p.m. A professor called Public Safety to report that a female party had sent her a text with a picture of the party’s wrist with cuts on them. The professor stated that she had received random texts from the party before this incident. Officers checked Peninsula Apartments and found the female. The professor told Public Safety that during midterms that she had recommended that the party seek help because the professor believed the the female suffers from anxiety. The professor also told officers that the female was very timid and quiet. The female refused to show officers her arms and officers noted that she did not appear to be hurt and did not see any blood. The female told officers that she had a roommate, but officers were unable to find the roommate on WISER. Officers found that the roommate had moved to Harbor Point on the Bay. Boston Police Department and Boston EMS arrived on scene. Boston EMS transported the female to an area hospital.