63°

USG Candidate Biography

“Nolan O’Brien is running for a third and final term as UMass Boston’s Student Trustee. Nolan is a junior in the Honors College studying political science and international relations. He has served on the UMass System’s Board of Trustees representing the student interests of UMass Boston for the past two years. Last year, Nolan helped to establish the Student Life Forum of the Board of Trustees which serves to increase student access to the University Administration. He has been an active member of the Undergraduate Student Government since his freshman year and is dedicated to ensuring students have access to university decision making bodies at every level. Nolan is running alongside Phillip Gustafson and Kelly Danckert for President and Vice President respectively to ensure that tested engagement, experience, and enthusiasm continue to move our campus forward on this rapidly changing landscape.”

“Phil Gustafson is running for President of the UMass Boston Undergraduate Student Body. Phil is a junior at UMass studying economics, with minors in political science and mathematics. He has served in the Undergraduate Student Senate since his sophomore year and as Speaker of the Undergraduate Student Senate since the beginning of his junior year. He is employed on campus as a Beacon Ambassador, giving tours to prospective UMass Boston students, as well as an economics tutor in the Academic Support Office. After graduating he hopes to pursue a graduate education in economics. He is running alongside Kelly Danckert and Nolan O’Brien to further connect the Undergraduate Student Government and all its resources with the entire undergraduate student body.”
Kingsley Alli is running for president of the UMass Boston Undergraduate Student Government. He is a junior majoring in criminal Justice, with a minor in psychology of Law. Alli is running alongside Nicholas Guerrero, a junior majoring in management. Their goal is to cultivate a closer student atmosphere and amplify the voice of students. They plan to advocate for Cost reduced parking, extended library hours,  improving  Campus dining,  regulating campus dining prices, 24 hour Computer/study lab, making school services and opportunities known to all students.“We run for the now, we run for the UMass Boston of today. In stating that, to be clear, our goals are not tied to aimless hast, but to active efficiency. An organized, effective, and productive pace, based on taking initiative to act towards making the improvements UMass needs and we as students require and aspire for. Improvement that is beneficial to the students of today is our goal, while leaving a foundation for future progression.”