66°

Hold on a Little Longer

Have you ever felt like giving up? Have you been in a situation you thought was a waste of time? Well, it happens to most of us. We’ve all been there at times. It is not that what you’re aspiring to is too ambitious, it’s just life’s way of telling you to keep going. 

Nothing in life is easy; without hard work and perseverance, how do you expect to be triumphant? If quitting were hard and succeeding were easy, there would be many more successful people today. We must develop an attitude where we work for what we want. Too often we expect things to be handed down to us and when they aren’t, we give up.

Why is giving up so easy? Some things we will never really understand, however, we need to know that the sun will shine again after a little rain. Learn to hold out a little longer. Do not be another person who had a dream but was too lazy to chase after it. Make a difference, be the one who made it through thick and thin.  

Look at it this way: if succeeding were easy, would you enjoy or appreciate all you had accomplished? Would it be meaningful? I mean, it’s good to say “I am living the life I thought was way out of my reach,” but isn’t it more fulfilling to say “despite the odds I stuck it out and now I am where I thought, where people thought I wouldn’t be”? For me, I would rather fail a few times than accidentally stumble on my good fortune. I like the idea of a little struggle before victory.

We actually learn a lot about ourselves when we fail. It is often from failure that we make our biggest comebacks. When it all seems impossible, when all the odds are against you and yet still you stand tall and decide no power on earth, no individual big or small will stand in your way, and you welcome your success, isn’t it more fulfilling?

To appreciate our success, we need to fail a time or two. Through failure we learn about strengths we thought we didn’t have. It is surprising what we can accomplish by failing and starting over. A thought I would like to leave with you today: how many times have you failed at something? How many times have you accepted that failure? Why did you accept that failure?

Is it because you have no hope in self? Marcus Garvey once said, “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started. ” Decide today whether you want to live a life of wondering what would’ve happened if you had stuck it out. Don’t give up on your dreams or yourself, just hold on a little longer. You never know how close you are to succeeding. You’ve come too far to just quit now. Keep pushing, keep aiming and keep your eyes on the prize!