66°

Taking a Look Ahead for the Patriots’ Remainder of the Season

There is certainly no questioning the dominance of the Patriots so far this season. They currently sit atop the AFC East with a record of 7-0. Not only are they undefeated, but they have scored over 30 points in every game since week one when they scored 28 on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Also, a strong showing from the defense against Miami last Thursday only makes this team more intriguing for Pats fans. So looking ahead, what can we expect from this team? Perhaps a closer look at the schedule can help with that.
The Patriots have already won some marquee games on their schedule, like Buffalo, Dallas, and Indianapolis all on the road. New England certainly has shown some poise and winning mentality to be successful in this league. However there are some other games on the schedule that could prove to be problematic. One game on the schedule is the road game against Denver. The Broncos defense has been shutting teams down all season, and with the patriots heavily relying on offense as of late it could be a tough one for both sides as neither team has seen a side of the ball as potent as theirs.
Another game on the schedule that could present a problem for New England is the second Buffalo game. I know that the Patriots already beat them in a game in Buffalo, but the Bills showed a lot of grit in that game, coming back and making it as close as it was. The fact that it is a Rex Ryan coached defense only makes the idea of this being a trap game all the more plausible.
The last game on the schedule I think New England should watch out for is the Giants game. The Patriots had the good fortune of having to play NFC East teams this year, a fairly weak conference. However the New York Giants are forever a team that makes Patriots Nation nervous. If you see the Giants on the schedule, regardless of where each team is in the standings, you should expect a dog fight. Not to mention that the Patriots young secondary would have its hands full with Odell Beckham Jr. and Victor Cruz.
The Patriots certainly have the chance to have another legendary season. The schedule is certainly on their side, however no game is ever a layup. Perhaps that’s what has set the Pats apart from the rest of the league for years, and that’s that they have the same mindset for every game regardless of the opponent. If the approach to games continues like it has, then there is a good chance we could see the Patriots undefeated in the regular season again.