66°

USG Slow to Fund Clubs: Follow-up

In the last issue, the Mass Media reported on slow club funding and organizations on campus still waiting for their budget requests to be processed by the SEOC. Although the Undergraduate Student Senate or Government did not directly respond to this article, reporters for the Mass Media were told by some individual clubs that they have indeed received their funding and also provided proof for their claims. Among those were the Queer Students Center, the Student Nurses Association and the Desi Student Association.

It is important to note that the Mass Media has gotten the numbers and names of clubs with pending budget requests from the official USG website. Subsequently, the explanation for the differences in numbers would be that the USG website was not updated at the time that the article was written. The Mass Media did not intend to present incorrect numbers or harm the reputation of clubs in any way, but was relying on the information presented on the official website. As the USG refused to provide a comment on this situation, and the Mass Media cannot say for certain if the official website is not up to date, the actual amount of club budget requests that have been denied, approved, or are pending is currently unknown.