66°

Best Sports Bar in Boston

Located in the heart of Dorchester, The Banshee has made a name for itself as one of the best sports bars in the South Boston area. From fun to food, it has a little something to offer to anyone who walks through the door.
The Banshee is by far the best spot in Boston to catch international soccer games. It is a multinational melting pot when it comes to weekend mornings. Whether you are there as a Manchester United fan for the EPL games, or a Barcelona fan for the BBVA games, The Banshee televises them all. Over the summer it was the hotspot for the World Cup in Brazil. For every match, the line snaked out the door and down the block as people packed into the pub desperately hoping to be a part of the electric energy among fùtbol fans. Nowhere else in Boston comes close to offering the same type of environment experienced while attending international soccer games.
Hey, if soccer is not your thing, still come by in the afternoon on a Sunday. The Banshee throws the Redzone on one TV and televises the other games on an array of HD flat screens. New Englanders fill the bar every Sunday to support the Patriots. There is a sea of red and blue fans loading up on beers and wings throughout the day. Although The Banshee is primarily known as a soccer bar, the football scene has been booming in the past decade as the Patriots have become a dynasty within the NFL.
While you enjoy the games, be sure to try out some of the food.
Most people think it’s easy to find a traditional Irish bar almost anywhere in Boston. Our basketball team is even called the Celtics. Despite popular opinion, it’s difficult to find an Irish bar that serves good, authentic food. The top Irish Bars scattered around Boston tend to be great for grabbing drinks, but leave much to desire when it comes to the menu. Getting quality Irish comfort food is much harder than one would expect.
The Banshee’s menu might be limited, but each and every item that appears is a delicious bite. From their traditional Irish Curry, to the Guinness Beef Stew, to the classic Bangers and Mash, there are plenty of Irish favorites done to perfection. And, for the early bird, there is even a brilliant breakfast menu. You have to try the Irish bacon!
But, food aside, why we go to bars is for the drinks. The Banshee is on the map for serving some of the best Guinness in all of Boston. Guinness is one of the hardest beers to stock on tap and to pour correctly. Getting the head right takes an experienced bartender. Fortunately, the staff is comprised of all Irish natives. You can write your initials in the head and they will still be there when you reach the bottom of the glass. Whether you want a Dark ‘N’ Stormy, an Irish Car Bomb, a Black and Tan, or just a plain old Guinness, The Banshee is the place to be. The pub always has a great variety of beers on tap and a great range of imported liquors from the British Isles.
While Saturdays and Sundays are the busiest days, the weekdays also have fun to offer with sports trivia, karaoke, college sports, and almost any international sporting event you can think of. Open from 11 am – 1 am on weekdays and 9 am – 1 am on weekends, The Banshee is a great spot for University of Massachusetts Boston students and staff. So, pop in for a game, for a drink, for some food, or for whatever you’d like. There is always a warm Irish welcome at The Banshee.