56°

Police Blotter: April 9, 2012

Monday

April 2

3:51 p.m. – A parking lot attendant monitoring the South Lot reported a 6 ft. tall male wearing a blue cap attempting to break into cars. Four or five car alarms were activated. The would-be thief was gone before police arrived.

Tuesday

April 3

11:13 a.m. – A female reported her phone stolen or perhaps misplaced.

11:27 a.m. – A student backed into another student in Lot D. Each student determined no damage was done and resolved the issue without police intervention.

11:38 a.m. – A female student slipped and fell in the catwalk. She was not seriously injured.

5:29 a.m. – Bank of America reported an ATM alarm. Police secured all campus ATMs; everything was fine.

Thursday

April 5

3:49 p.m. – Students from Urban Scholars were making a lot of noise in front of an administrator’s office in Quinn.

4:19 p.m. – A trash barrel outside of Wheatley had smoke coming from it. Police used a fire extinguisher on it.

7:31 p.m. – A woman called to report people shouting obscenities at her as she walks to her car in front of the Peninsula Apartments. Campus police contacted Harbor Point Security to have an officer respond. Harbor Point advised that they did not have any officers on duty until 8 p.m.

Friday

April 6

9:26 a.m. – A report of a suspicious odor on the third floor of Wheatley.

11:42 a.m. – A female reported that her wallet was stolen.

12:08 p.m. – A caller reported that their laptop was stolen.

12:54 p.m. – A caller stated that someone damaged his car while it was parked in North Lot.

Saturday

April 7

6:27 p.m. – A fight nearly broke out in the Campus Center ballroom but the police calmed the situation.