66°

Police Blotter May 7

Monday

April 30

10:14 a.m. – The alluring smell of roasted marshmallows aroused suspicion on the 10th floor of Healey. The scent dissipated by the time police arrived.

11:13 a.m. – Campus police assisted the Boston Fire Department with a T bus that caught fire. No injuries were reported.

12:50 p.m. – A person reported a larceny in the Campus Center.

12:59 p.m. – A person called to report that someone other than them was using their computer.

6:07 p.m. – There was a report that four youths were attempting to steal a bench from the plaza area, which turned out to be completely untrue.

6:50 p.m. – A female was hyperventilating and alarmed bystanders called police. All was well in the end.

Tuesday

May 1

11:07 a.m. – A caller complained that cars parked in no parking zones made it difficult to move their vehicle. An officer ticketed the offending vehicles.

12:11 p.m. – A woman reported that her laptop was stolen from the sixth floor of Healey.

10:23 p.m. – A larceny was reported taking place in Healey.

Wednesday

May 2

1:28 p.m. – A male student reported that he left his laptop unattended in the Campus Center and returned to find it missing.

Thursday

May 3

7:39 a.m. – Groundskeepers reported finding several needles and spoons in the South Lot.

10:53 a.m. – A woman reported her iPod stolen.

3:24 p.m. – A teenage boy and girl roughhousing in McCormack caused a bit of a stir.

Friday

May 4

1:40 p.m. – A man speaking about God on the Campus Center was checked on by police. He left of his own accord a short time later.