66°

News Briefs

News Briefs
News Briefs

Disney Invades Campus with Job OffersLooking for a paid internship that will not only give you valuable experience but will also allow you to work every day with your childhood hero? Disney has a presentation you may be interested in. On April 30 at 3pm in the Campus Center (1st Floor, room 1110), the Walt Disney World Corporation will be showing an E-Presentation about paid internship programs at their resorts in Florida. Mickey, Minnie, Daffy and Goofy will not be there, so don’t bother bringing memorabilia for them to sign. You should however bring a complete online application, which can be printed out from disneycollegeprogram.com. The event is open to all majors and academic levels, mouse ears not required.

Deep Sea Fishing Trip Offered to Faculty, StudentsDeep sea fishing is one of the best ways to spend a sunny, summer day, but is often too expensive to fit the budget of a college student. Luckily for all of you avid anglers out there, the Division of Marine Operations here on campus is offering the fourth annual Fishing Safari, a chartered trip out into “some of Mass Bay’s cleaner waters”. The charter will be fishing for Cod, Mackerel and Haddock, although who really knows what will turn up on the end of the line! The chartered boat for a day of fishing, bait, and a limited amount of equipment can all be had for the price of $30, although payment is required in advance to secure your seat. The trip will depart at 6AM sharp from the Fox Point Dock on Saturday May 10, and interested parties are encouraged to contact the Division of Marine Operations by calling 617-287-5404 or by email at [email protected].