63°

A Shot of Arts

A Shot of Arts
A Shot of Arts

Welcome to the single life. Everyone’s favorite self-centered star (no, not Tyra), Kanye West, and his longtime fiancée, Alexis Phifer, have called it quits. The pair allegedly couldn’t weather the storm of Kanyeasy’s “Glow in the Dark” tour, which friends claim he has become “possessed” by and “can’t pay attention to anything else.” Mr. West was the one who broke off the engagement, citing he couldn’t marry someone who was prettier than him.

Imagine when she turns three! It’s reported that the robotic Scientologists, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, threw a birthday bash for their little Suri’s birthday. The bash, to celebrate the tot’s second birthday, cost $100,000 and included nearly $5,000 worth of special cakes, with a four-tiered cake just for Suri, and $17,000 in fresh flowers. The spoiled spawn of TomKat received gifts galore, but her parents reportedly made her give some to charity to show her “humbleness and modesty.” Yeah, cuz the best way I can think of to teach a kid about the less fortunate is to drop 100 G’s on a party she wont even remember.

Fo shizzle my soapizzle. The habitually high Snoop Dogg will be guest starring on the soap opera, “One Life to Live,” as himself. He says that he chose the role because his mom always used “to have the tube on in the crib,” and he has been a fan of the soap since he was just a puppy. Snoop will also contribute beats to the show’s dated theme song and give it some “hip hop flare.” Because nothing says gangsta like a bunch of rich, beautiful, white people sleeping with their best friends’ husbands and wearing Chanel. Til death do we party.

The other, less-famous half the Madden brothers, Benji, tells pals he is ready to settle down with hotel heirhead and girlfriend Paris Hilton. He is so sure, in fact, that he has been shopping for engagement rings for his bride-to-be. Hilton’s beau-du-jour wants everyone to know that his brother Joel isn’t the only one who has found love. If that’s the case, Hilton and her BFF Nicole Richie (set to marry Joel) will be sisters-in-law. Get ready for The Simple Life: Race to the Altar. That’s hot!