66°

A Shot of Arts

Rumors have been swirling that Spider-Man star Kirsten Dunst has checked into Cirque Lodge treatment center in Park City, Utah. People magazine reported an unnamed friend of the 25 year-old star as saying Dunst had been very upset about the recent death of actor Heath Ledger. The Utah facility that Dunst is rumored to be enjoying is the same location that Mary-Kate Olsen and Lindsay Lohan have frequented, and look how good they turned out.

During a recent publicity trip to Boston, multiple sex video star Paris Hilton upset several members of the press when she showed up over two hours late for a scheduled interview. The hotel heiress was in town promoting her new film “The Hottie and the Nottie.” On a positive note, Ms. Hilton was so late that the media members couldn’t make it to the torture session that was the press screening of her new film.

Angelina Jolie was recently in Iraq, touring the war-torn country in order to get a sense of the refugee crisis striking the country. Jolie conducted the mission as part of her role as a UN goodwill ambassador. The trip included meetings with U.S. Commander General David Petraeus, and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Animal rights group PETA slammed former Red Sox pitcher Pedro Martinez for taking part in a cockfight in his native Dominican Republic last week. The oft-injured Mets star was photographed taking roosters into the ring as an honorary saltador. PETA claimed Martinez was setting a terrible example for children who look up to him due to his participation in the violent “sport.” You know what’s funny? The word cockfighting.

Pop star Britney Spears ended her brief hospital stay last week ahead of schedule and against the wishes of her parents and treating psychiatrist. Spears was released from UCLA Medical Center after she was deemed to no longer pose a threat to herself or others.The former mother-of-the-year nominee is also facing a $17 million dollar dispute with the IRS, is involved in numerous legal battles and continues to be denied custody of her two children. So all in all it was a pretty standard day.