66°

The Green Corner Calendar, Go on, give it a gander.

Mon, Oct. 29-Gotta’ love those ECOS seminars. This week’s has been moved from 9/24. Dr. Jennifer Cherrier, Asst. Professor, Environmental Sciences Institute, Florida A&M University will be preachin’ the gospel on “Carbon Flow Through Hetrotrophic Marine Bacterioplankton.” Bacterioplankton?! This one ought to be worth the wait! As always, 2:30-4, 1st floor Science Building, room 006. Tue, Oct. 30-It’s the 7th Annual Buy Recycled and EPP Vendor Fair and Conference!All kinds of vendors exhibiting the very best in recycled and sustainable products and folks from all over the Massachusetts sustainability community bouncing sustainability ideas of the walls? How could you go wrong? It’s at the Worcester Centrum at…when?! 8:30! Am! Well, it goes ’til 6pm so you got time to get there, but little time to sign-up! So get on it! Email: www.state.ma.us/osd/enviro/events-register soon and you may just get on in time for the free lunch!

Tue, Oct. 30- The Outfall Monitoring Science Advisory is hosting a public workshop. Come, learn, & talk about the Boston Harbor Clean-up, Outfall Monitoring, and what we’ve learned about Massachusetts. It goes from 7-9:30pm at Barnstable High School, Knight Hall. 744 West Main Street, Hyannis MA 02601.

*If you have any info. on upcoming events, or you want to post an event of your own in the Green Corner Calendar, just drop a line with the 411 to: [email protected]