66°

The Green Corner Calendar

Sat, Oct. 13-RAGE, (the Radical Alliance of Green Environmentalists) is taking their first hike of the year! This time to New Hampshire’s very own Mt. Monadnock. Aaah, right in time for peak, that is peak foliage! Should be nice. Meet in the 1st floor McCormack lobby (by the comfy chairs under the INFO sign) at 10am. Bring a bag lunch, some sturdy footwear, and something warm to wear on top (it can get a little chilly in Oct.). For more info contact: Erik Foley: 617-629-2930 or email: [email protected].

Sat, Oct. 13-It’s a vegetarian smorgasbord! The Vegetarian Food Festival is coming to Roxbury Community College. It will be held from 10-6pm in the Reggie Lewis Center. The food should be tasty, meatless, and oh, did I mention? FREE! FREE! FREE!

Sat, Sun. Oct. 13MassPIRG is cleaning up the Neponset River! We hear last year they pulled all kinds of cool stuff out of there: tires, shopping carts, Hoffa. This is a great opportunity to spend a day or two down by the river, help keep the scene clean, and meet all the cool PIRG people. (Twenty years strong can’t be wrong!) Contact Juliette: [email protected] for more info.

Mon, Oct. 15-the ECOS Dept. continues its Fall Seminar Series with Dr. Daniel Holland, Asst. Professor, School for Marine Science and Technology, UMASS Dartmouth. Topic: “Integrating Spatial Controls into Fishery Management Systems.” 2:30-4 in the Small Science Auditorium, S1-006.

Wed, Oct. 17-ECOS keeps on rolling, (or wading), this time with Dr. Kevin D.E. Stokesbury, also an Asst. Professor for the School for Marine Science and Technology at UMASS Dartmouth, who will be discussing his “Examination of Sea Scallop Aggregations in Gorges Bank.” Wooh Nelly! Scallops! As always, 2:30-4, Small Science Auditorium, S-1-006.

Tue, Oct. 30-It’s the 7th Annual Buy Recycled and EPP Vendor Fair and Conference!

All kinds of vendors exhibiting the very best in recycled and sustainable products and folks from all over the Massachusetts sustainability community bouncing sustainability ideas of the walls? How could you go wrong? It’s at the Worcester Centrum at…when?! 8:30! Am! Well, it goes ’til 6pm so you got time to get there, but little time to sign-up! So get on it! Email: www.state.ma.us/osd/enviro/events-register soon and you may just get on in time for the free lunch!

*If you have any info. on upcoming events, or you want to post an event of your own in the Green Corner Calendar, just drop a line with the 411 to: [email protected]