63°

ODB press release

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that ODB (Ol’ Dirty Bastard) is back!

Despite his incarceration, the irrefutable eccentric member of the Wu-Tang Clan has returned with another solo album from the Los Angeles based independent label D3 Entertainment. Recorded while on the lam, The Trials and Tribulations of Russell Jones will be released early next year.

Attached is a press release, and you may contact me with any questions. A jpeg photograph of ODB is available upon request to accompany an article review or press announcement.

Sincerely,

Chris CooksonD3 Entertainment

Attachment:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEContact: Sharma Johnson, 310-373-4003

ODB SIGNS WITH AN INDIE, NEW ALBUM ‘THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF RUSSELL JONES’ WILL BE RELEASED MARCH 2002

ALL-STAR LINE UP! GUESTS INCLUDE MACK 10, INSANE CLOWN POSSE, BIG SYKE, C- MURDER, TOO SHORT, SUNZ OF MAN AND E-40

Los Angeles, CA-Long hailed as the most unpredictable and eccentric member of the Wu Tang Clan ODB (Ol’ Dirty Bastard) can also be called unstoppable. Incarcerated since July of this year, ODB has not ceased to continue his illustrious career. Shortly after his sentencing, he signed a record deal with the Los Angeles based independent label D3 Entertainment. The album THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF RUSSELL JONES will be released early next year.

While ODB’s antics offstage have, in recent times, drawn more publicity than his musical output, he has enjoyed astounding success with the Wu-Tang Clan as well as with his solo efforts. It was almost ten years ago that ODB, along with cousins RZA and the Genius, formed the Staten Island-based hip-hop supergroup Wu-Tang Clan. Along with several other core rappers, they hit the underground with their debut release, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) to critical acclaim and worldwide success. ODB’s solo effort Return of the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version was released in 1995, and showcased his unique, maniacal, left of center style. N**** Please, was released in 1999 and achieved him legendary status.

THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF RUSSELL JONES, which is in the last stages of completion, will feature guest appearances by notable rap artists such as Mack 10, Insane Clown Posse, Big Syke, C-Murder, Too Short, Sunz of Man and E-40. The album, which contains all new material from ODB, was recorded after his departure from Elektra Records and before his incarceration. The album will be released in March 2002 with the first single yet to be decided.

# # #

For inquiries contact Sharma Johnson at 310-373-4003 or via e-mail at [email protected].