66°

For the Ladies

For the Ladies
For the Ladies

How many of you women can look back on a past relationship and point out all the things you have done wrong? I would guess that almost all women would have one thing in common…you were too clingy. At one point or another we, as women, find it difficult to separate ourselves from our mate. This is not always a bad thing, but many times it is too much for our mate, which in turn becomes a strain on the relationship.

I have been found guilty of this a few times over. It’s like we find something great and we just can’t get enough. However, we need not forget all the great things that existed before this relationship. We had friends, family, work, and hobbies that fulfilled us prior to meeting our companion and we need to learn how to add our companion and not use him to replace the things that were previously a priority.

Ladies, we need to have a life outside of our relationship. This will not only keep us from being so clingy, it will also give the man time to miss us. Have you ever noticed that a man is more into you when you are occupied? You could be cooking dinner or cleaning and he will come over to kiss or play with you because he is attracted to you when you are consumed with something outside of him. I am in no way saying that you should neglect your mate or your relationship, I am simply suggesting that you make time for yourself and the things outside the relationship that are important to you.

Your life and the person you have become were not molded by a man or a relationship, therefore your life should not exist solely for those purposes.