66°

Interview: Men’s Soccer

This year’s crop of Men’s Soccer All-Stars are a perfect example of the versatility, mental and physical toughness that defined this years Beacon crew which made the LEC championship tournament. An unprecedented 4 players from UMass Boston received the honor and The Mass Media got a chance to talk to two of them, Senior and co-Captain sharpshooter Mike Reda, and Sophomore sensation Romeo Zeqo. You can find either one of them on any given day kickin’ it with their teammates, hitting on the training staff at the Clark Center or working on their moves on the nearest patch of grass. These guys are about more than soccer, but futbol is still king in their domain. On favorite pro soccer players and clubs… Reda: There’s a lot of good players out there its tough to choose. I don’t have any preference for teams, I watch ’em all, like the European Championships. English league Spanish, Italian they’re all good. Zeqo: AC Milan. Italian league is the best. On their favorite part of being at UMass… Reda: Just playin’ Soccer Zeqo: Winning On Coach Myles Berry… Reda: He’s a player’s coach; he treats you with respect and he’s a nice guy, fun to be around. Predictions for next year… Zeqo: We will be very good, and were only looking to get better every year.