66°

Community Events

Forest Hills CemeteryWALKING TOUR – Stories Behind the StonesSunday, Oct 29 – 2 pmAdmission $8

The fascinating history of Forest Hills through the lives of the people buried here, both eminent and less well known. Last tour of the season. Meet at Main Gate. Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring drinking water, and be prepared to walk 2 miles of varied terrain. Cancelled in the event of heavy rain.

Day of the Dead Celebration / TzompantliThursday, November 2 – 4:30-6:30 pmAdmission: FREE

La Piñata presents the traditional Mexican ritual of remembrance, with music and dance. Dress warmly and bring mementos to place on the ceremonial altar. Rain or shine.

Arlington Street Church Day of the Dead ServiceSunday, Oct 29 – 9 AM Altar building, 11AM ServiceAdmission: Free

A typical Unitarian Universalist fusion of Mexican-American, Celtic, and American spirituality, including altar building, children’s costume parade, calling of the directions, latin music, and traditional sermon.

Franklin Park Zoo Zoo Howl Saturday, Oct 28 -All dayAdmission: FREEFor info: call 617-989-2071. Gather up your little ghosts and goblins and head to Franklin Park Zoo’s Zoo Howl. The haunted happenings include creature encounters, creepy crafts, ghoulish games and a trick-or-treat trail. Radio Disney will spin spine-tingling tunes and host the howling and costume contests on the main stage. Be sure not to miss the haunted maze.

Upham’s Corner LibraryHalloween Storytimeuesday, October 31 – 10:30 a.m.Admission: FREE 500 Columbia Road. For more info, call 617-265-0139. The regular Toddler story time is superseded by this celebration of All Hallows Eve (costumes appropriate).