66°

You Heard it Here

You Heard it Here
You Heard it Here

U.S. border police found one thousand wedding gowns stolen from a cancer charity crammed into a truck and trying to get into Mexico, federal authorities said on Tuesday. The donated dresses were on their way to Los Angeles when they were stolen in Scottsdale, Arizona, the US Customs and Border Protection agency said. Inspectors in southern Arizona recovered the dresses late last week when they inspected a tractor-trailer that had been denied entry to Mexico by Mexican customs officials.

A fictional character is headed to court so he can get married in Germany. The writer of the 40-year-old series “Pumuckl” is battling the series’ illustrator over whether she should have given support to the contest to design a girlfriend for the illustrated imp. In the stories, the mischievous imp lives in Master Eder’s workshop in Munich and likes to make rhymes and get up to naughty tricks. The illustrator maintains that it’s time for the character to grow up and get serious.

A Saudi Arabian man was assaulted by his two wives after he jokingly threatened to marry a third woman. Judaie Ibn Salem had thought his threat would help resolve an argument over dividing up his house. “I swore that I would do it because … they were impolite and that’s when I came under an even bigger attack,” Ibn Salem said after having seven stitches inserted in his nose. “I never realized they would get so worked up.” Polygamy is not unusual in Saudi Arabia; Islamic law allows men to take up to four wives.