66°

A Shot of Arts

A Shot of Arts
A Shot of Arts

Paris Hilton caught spread-eagle… again. No video this time however as the hotel heiress has been recreated in sculptor Daniel Edwards’ soon-to-be unveiled Paris Hilton Autopsy. The life-sized sculpture depicts the 1Night in Paris star sprawled out post mortem, completely nude, save for a tiara, with faithful pooch Tinkerbell by her side. Edwards, perhaps best known for his sculpture of a pregnant Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug, created the work as a warning on the dangers of drinking and driving. The sculpture will also include an open abdominal cavity complete with removable organs. A petition to bring the sculpture to UMass Boston has already been started, by me. Britney Spears returned to performing last week when she took the stage at the San Diego House of Blues Tuesday night for her first public concert since 2004. Spears opened her fifteen minute set with “Baby One More Time” before a crowd of screaming fans. The singer was decked out in a white miniskirt, pink bra, and brown wig. In a related story Kevin Federline was spotted wearing a relatively clean t-shirt at the Beverly Hills House of Waffles.

Ellen, Seacrest hit the sack. Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres hosted her show from a hospital bed last week after injuring her back. The daytime star was restricted to bed rest by her doctor after tearing a ligament while reportedly bending over to pick up her dog. The hospital bed was wheeled on stage where the host interviewed guest Ryan Seacrest who was also brought out in his very own adjustable bed. The event marked the first time DeGeneres and a man have ever been in bed together.

$40 Million can buy a lot of cowboy gear. Former radio host and cowboy enthusiast Don Imus is apparently planning to sue CBS Radio for the nearly $40 million that remains to be paid on the five year contract the 66 year old cowboy hat headed host began just months before his termination for his now infamous comments about the Rutger’s women’s basketball team.

A mere two weeks after its publication J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Childen of Hurin has more than 900,000 copies in print worldwide. The prequel to epic The Lord of the Rings trilogy was originally conceived in 1918 but remained unfinished at the time of Tolkien’s death in 1973. The author’s son Christopher has spent more than thirty years editing his late father’s manuscript. This is great news for fans of the series but is expected to decimate the tech departments at businesses worldwide.