66°

Who’s Going to Save Us? Not the Democrats

The Democratic National Convention (DNC) and the Clinton support should be shot with a ball of their own feces for cheating out the one true hope the US had for a better government (a.k.a. Bernie Sanders). If ever there was a time for humanist policies, now is that time.
President Trump added $58 billion to an already bloated and hugely wasteful Pentagon, just to keep you safer from basically nothing. Yet, he won’t spend a dime to keep you healthy or educated. When you think about how corrupt and morally indecent the United States government has become, the realization is quite stunning. The US is the world’s richest country, yet half of our workers live at or below poverty-level wages. Then, on November 8, 2016, we voted for an unsuccessful businessman to “fix” things. Good God. How much more ridiculous do our politics have to become before we say enough is enough?
Neither the Democratic or Republican Party will solve any of the ongoing pressing issues affecting Americans everyday. Our political system is such a joke now that it is a wonder any major nation takes us seriously. Were it not for our war machine-like military, several foreign heads of state simply would not. Because they can look at a plethora of our political mishaps to point out that America’s own politicians (who are supposed to work on behalf of the American people) do everything and anything but that.
The tax cuts of the Bush Jr. years, the bailouts, the loopholes, a $10 minimum wage since 1970 due to lobbyists, the insider deals, overpriced contracts, trillions of “misplaced” military funds, and the Federal Reserve laundering stock options and CEO compensation is not even the tip of the iceberg in regards to American politics.
And, essentially, it all amounts to one thing: socialism for the wealthy for 50 years. They are the chosen ones, so it’s okay in their debauched ideology. We haven’t had capitalism or democracy; we’ve had quasi-oligarchy socialism solely for the rich. No wonder they loath the word temporary socialism for ordinary people (i.e. populism). It would cure the actual problem of inequality they squandered and laundered for about five decades.
Recently, the DNC had an opportunity to keep corporate money (bribes?), disguised as campaign funds, out of the pockets of Democratic politicians. Infuriatingly, however, the DNC voted for, rather than against Resolution 33 or the corporate money ban. Democrats in office, whether they are House Representatives or Senators, shall, for the foreseeable future, continue to serve at the whim of their true masters—rich corporations, not us, the American people.
Do you think it’s a coincidence that Republican politicians routinely vote against a tuition-free college bill for public colleges and universities? Of course it isn’t; rural America has been forgotten because they are stuck in the old ways, things such as pro-life, pro-marriage, anti-gay, anti-transgender, anti-black, anti-Muslim, pro-cop (even though white people shoot more cops than any other group of people in the country). They hold true to these beliefs that are passed down from one misguided generation to the next. Then, one morning we wake up to an America, where a billionaire who managed to galvanize poor white people, has the most powerful public office on the face of the Earth in his grip. 
Last year, an overwhelming number of uneducated people (mostly white men) voted for Donald J. Trump. What is more, a lot of those very same people had  no idea Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act were one and the same, which would be tragic if weren’t so painfully laughable. While these people foamed at the mouth over their hatred for anything Obama, the Republicans did zilch in bettering the situation, so ambitious they were for the seats of power. Ambitious to the point they forced the whole government to shut down. 
And is no one going to shine a light on why 99 percent of Americans received only 5 percent of the benefits of the economy in 2016? Media, I’m talking to you–—CNBC, CNN, FOX (not counting on it), MSNBC, and all major newspapers. 
Education is the life-blood of a stable national economy; without it, that economy stumbles, and eventually, falls. But more than that, education is what areas like rural America desperately need, so they can make strong choices when next choosing their Federal and State representatives. With news of verbal lashings on politicians at various town halls across the country, it is quite clear many of these people were not educated on what exactly the people they voted for were for or against politically. Unfortunately, these Trump supporters and other, increasingly unhappy Republican voters had to learn this truth the way the most stubborn of us have had to: the hard way. 
Before Trump’s rise to power, America was on relatively shaky ground. During the final months of the 2016 presidential election, we started to trip one time too many. Now, in early 2017, we’re stumbling quite noticeably and it is only a matter of time before our rear end meets, and tastes, the dirt and grime of the harsh and unfeeling asphalt. Prepare yourselves for turbulence like a Kanye West song, cause you don’t want to be a casualty, if and when it “all falls down.”