66°

DC TV Rundown

Like most fans clamoring for TV shows every year, the past seasons of DC TV, or “Arrowverse” on the CW, left the fans hanging on a couple cliffs to say the least. Many of the shows have much to be discussed as we head into the uncharted territory of the new seasons. I will give this a breakdown of what we saw in the previous seasons of “Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Legends of Tomorrow,” and “Arrow,” as well as what to expect moving forward, having now seen the first episode of each show.

Since I will be discussing the previous seasons of each show, if you have not seen these shows, consider this a spoiler warning.

“Supergirl”

Season two took a big step forward for the show and the Girl of Steel as a whole. With the show firmly in the control of the CW and not CBS, the show was fun and had a definitive comic book campiness to it. That being said, there is a lot to be made of Kara’s arc. With Mon-El having left Earth, it is understandable that she wouldn’t take that well. In the first episode, we saw Kara detached early on, but coming back to her hopeful self toward the end. How will the loss of Mon-El effect Kara Danvers moving forward? The other big question: Who is the woman that displayed super strength to save her child? Is she connected to the final scene of season two? Hopefully, all this will be explained as the season progresses.

“The Flash”

There was certainly a lot to unpack after the season finale between the plot twist involving a Barry Allen time remnant and the tragic ending of the Flash being forced into the Speed Force to take Savitar’s place as its occupant. How will Central City get along without Barry Allen as the Flash? As we saw in the first episode of season four, Central City survived thanks to the help of Cisco Ramon (now fully embracing his role as Vibe) and Wally West (Kid Flash). However, Barry was brought out of the Speed Force by his friends in the season’s first episode. Although he was just a bit loopy at first, he seems to be back to his normal self. However, what will come of this season’s villain, The Thinker? Also, with Caitlin Snow back in the fold, does she truly have Killer Frost under control?

“Legends of Tomorrow”

The Legends left a good-sized mess at the end of last season. After breaking almost every rule of time travel to defeat the Legion of Doom last season, the team was faced with a mess of anachronisms running amok. However, as we saw in the season premiere, Rip Hunter has founded the Time Bureau to help preserve the timeline in the absence of the Time Masters. What will The Legends’ role be as the season progresses? We will have to wait and see as the new season is just starting to pick up.

“Arrow”

We were left in a lurch at the end of season five. After the long story arc regarding Adrian Chase/Prometheus, the story finally culminated in Oliver returning to Lian Yu to save his son William. He ultimately fulfilled this task as Chase committed suicide, but in the process, set off a bomb that left the lives of everyone (basically every major “Arrow” character) in doubt, as we awaited a definitive answer in season six. As we saw in the season premiere, Oliver has now left to take care of William after the tragic death of William’s mom. John Diggle seems to be struggling with PTSD from the event, and Quentin Lance has guilt about shooting Earth-2 Laurel Lance (Black Siren). One major ongoing plot point we continue to see is Thea, Oliver’s sister, in a coma. Slade also survived the explosions and appears to be on good terms with Oliver now that he can reconnect with his son.

There are many questions yet to be answered, and the only way to get them is to keep watching this season of “Arrow.”