66°

Beacon Update

Women’s Soccer – After a close 2-1 loss to Curry College on Sept. 28, the Beacons drop to 1-8 on the season. However, the team still remains 1-1 against Little East Conference (LEC) opponents. With five conference games remaining, there is still time for the team to rebound and compete for the LEC title.
Men’s Soccer – After a 2-0 loss to Bridgewater State on Sept. 26, the Men’s Soccer overall record drops to 4-2-2 on the season, but remains at 1-1 against LEC opponents. Currently, the team is averaging two goals per game, while allowing less than one goal per game on average. Much like the Women’s Soccer team, the men have plenty of in-conference games left to make a run at repeating an LEC championship.
Volleyball – After a terribly slow start overall by losing their first six games, the team responded with multiple wins in a row to draw back to a .500 record. The bad news is that, as of Sept. 29, the team has lost its last two games, which has dropped them down to 6-8 overall. The good news, however, is that the team is 2-0 against LEC opponents, certainly keeping them in the hunt for another conference championship. With a month to go in the season, the team will play four more intra-conference games, with a chance to go 6-0 against conference opponents.
Women’s Tennis – With a 2-3 record overall, and a 1-2 record within the conference, the women’s team is currently sitting at seventh overall in the LEC. On the surface, this doesn’t sound too good, but this is only one spot down in the standings from where last year’s team, that made it to the LEC tournament, finished. With a few games left to play, there is still time for the women’s team to rebound and compete in the LEC tournament.