66°

Style Spotter: Nov 16, 2010

Dara?s outfit was perfect for staying both warm and trendy on a cool fall day
Photo by Christina Giannopoulos

Dara Rattanasone, a health science major, showed off her laid-back and comfortable, cool style, full of layers, fall neutrals, and great accessories. Dara’s outfit was perfect for staying both warm and trendy on a cool fall day. She wore a light brown leather jacket from Express, a ruffled white tank and cardigan from Forever 21, black leggings also from Express, and stylish chunky black leather boots from Nordstrom. Her outfit was complimented by her stand-out accessories which included a tweed hat from Macy’s, a ruffled tweed scarf from Nordstrom, metallic rose-shaped earrings from Forever 21, and, of course, the classic staple Louis Vuitton “neverfull” tote bag. I asked Dara a few questions about her style:

How would you describe your style?

“Comfortable, while at the same time being trendy. It’s important for me to keep warm in the cold weather. You don’t have to be revealing to look trendy.”

Where do you typically like to shop?

“I like to shop at Express, Forever 21, and H&M. I like Forever and H&M because they have a good variety but at the same time it’s affordable, especially since I’m a college student.”

What inspires your outfit choices?

“It’s more of a personal interest, like if I go to a store and see something I like. I like neutral colors, nothing too vibrant. ”

What are some staples in your closet right now?

“Leggings because they’re comfortable and warm. Also loose-fitted cotton tops to balance everything out. I love things I can layer and accessorize.”